Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

I Have had buyers refuse to pay for items , ive had people be nasty when picking up items , ive had people leave it for weeks to pick up or pay after clearly stateing must be picked up within 3 days of auctions end , I recently sold a car but person refused to contact or answer emails and texts admitidly Ebay looked after me and canceled the transaction but the person that done  this still deals on Ebay not only has done it to me i know he has also done it to member recently on  another car. Yet the only way we can comment on his feed back is with a POAITIVE feedback , We nead to be able to leave NEGATIVE feedback for these people to warn other sellars, as the saying goes whats good for the goose is good for the gander !

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for over five years. You have been a member for 10, so you would naturally know that.

Sellers ARE able to report non-paying bidders, which if carried to fruition will result in the buyer receiving a strike. As prudent sellers have their blocks set for members with 2 or more strikes, this prevents the member being able to bid/buy from them.

It is against board policy to name and shame, so your links to the bidder should soon disappear.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

eBay decided about 5 years ago that negs for buyers were sometimes used in retaliation by sellers, so they came up with a much better system for controlling non-payers - called an NPD.

If all sellers went through that process and had their blocks in place, the non-payers would find themselves unable to buy from those sellers.

Negs for buyers don't work - how on earth are you going to see if the buyer has a neg when they BIN or bid in the last few seconds of an auction????????????????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

"eBay decided about 5 years ago that negs for buyers were sometimes used in retaliation by sellers, so they came up with a much better system for controlling non-payers - called an NPD"

Sorry Padi, that's not correct.

As the OP and long time Sellers would know, Unpaid Item Disputes/ Unpaid Item Cases could be opened back then and for many years prior.

The 'block buyers with strikes' which a seller could set their preferences to, was also available at that time and for many years prior.

All ebay did was extend the time on the block from 2 strikes in 30 days to 2-5 unpaid item strikes over the last 1, 6 or 12 months.

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

@*mobile63* wrote:

"eBay decided about 5 years ago that negs for buyers were sometimes used in retaliation by sellers, so they came up with a much better system for controlling non-payers - called an NPD"

Sorry Padi, that's not correct.

As the OP and long time Sellers would know, Unpaid Item Disputes/ Unpaid Item Cases could be opened back then and for many years prior.

The 'block buyers with strikes' which a seller could set their preferences to, was also available at that time and for many years prior.

All ebay did was extend the time on the block from 2 strikes in 30 days to 2-5 unpaid item strikes over the last 1, 6 or 12 months.

I stand corrected, thanks mobile.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

@diamond-halo wrote:

Don't you mean done and dotted? sheessh - soon there really won't be anywhere to stand!

LOL. I nearly made a post on this thread thanking the OP for posting a topic about someth8ing other than the FVF's on postage costs LOLOLOL

Think it was the first time I've ever been relieved to see a thread about buyers getting neg feedback/non paying buyers etc LOLOL

Spoiler
chicken

distracting-halo, I was thinking much the same thing - makes a change from GSP and resurrected threads though.

>>>>>>.<<<<<<      My gold dot........

Spoiler
What chicken.......what road..............

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

I agree.  I have had abusive and threatening buyers and yet I can't leave them bad feedback.  And they had paid for item so I cannot lodge a non-payment dispute.  I had items listed for pick up to save buyers postage and then they turned up an-announced and got angry with me as I wasn't home !!!!  How is that fair that I can't leave them bad feedback?  I no longer allow people to pick up items from me due to these problems.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

I used to see abusive feedbacks from buyers and seller and perhaps eBay said... this just loooks bad overall and might effect customer experience...

I think its better this way overall since giving the customer a better experience probably bring in more potential customers..

then you look at the chinese version of eBay where buyers and sellers abuse each other all time (but they don't anymore... which is quite strange with their huge population).

But yes, there was a time where eBay was building up a reputation of having jerk sellers... looks like eBay noticed this and took action...

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Yes but with the new policy that came in years ago, there is no way of warning sellers about the bad buyers.  One of my buyers was so abusive I considered contacting the police - it is wrong that I cannot warn other sellers about that person.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

ebay sees all buyers as little angels thats why you cant leave a neg.all buyers are 100% right every single time and never ever do wrong.Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply