Why is it that an unanswered question that was answered wont delete from my listing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Why is it that an unanswered question that was answered wont delete from my listing?

you only have one listing with no questions on it.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

If you replied to the message directly from your eBay message inbox, as opposed to using the answer question option in the dropdown next to the listing, the unanswered question box will stay there. If the buyer sent a message, you replied, then they replied back and you haven't replied back to them, the box will stay there. It should disappear if the item doesn't sell and relists.

If you have another reason to reply to the potential buyer, even if it's just to thank them for their enquiry, or thanking them for replying to you, use the dropdown at the right of the listing in your My eBay selling page.

I'm not sure why you posted a photo of your items, it wasn't really relevant to your problem.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Check in your "sent" messages, if the response was actually sent.  Occasionally, I find that it didn't end up sending and I need to "respond" again.  I now always check in my "sent messages" to confirm this.

The other thing that can happen is if you have responded to a member's question, and then that member responds back with, say "thanks" ...... that is registered as another question.  If you go to your list of items you are selling, I think on the right hand side you can click on a number of options - here you might find the option "mark question as answered" or something like that.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

snap .... LOL

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I've not seen a mark question as answered, so if a buyer responds with a thanks, I'll reply with you're welcome. I know it doesn't matter if the box stays there, but it annoys me too. Plus, I don't want to risk missing another question from someone else.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@cathyjoyjoy wrote:

Check in your "sent" messages, if the response was actually sent.  Occasionally, I find that it didn't end up sending and I need to "respond" again.  I now always check in my "sent messages" to confirm this.

The other thing that can happen is if you have responded to a member's question, and then that member responds back with, say "thanks" ...... that is registered as another question.  If you go to your list of items you are selling, I think on the right hand side you can click on a number of options - here you might find the option "mark question as answered" or something like that.

I also use that option, it's very handy.  I agree with tippy, sometimes if a buyer messages back with a thank you, it is nice to reply with 'You're welcome', but on other occasions if I find it's reached the point of not being necessary, I use the Mark Question as answered.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I'll have to look for that option next time. It's been awhile since I've had someone send a question, so it must be a newer thing.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Nah tippy, I don't think it's new, but I think you have to look for it - it's not something that is obvious. it appears in a drop down menu.

Next time I have an unanswered question I'll try & remember to 'take note' & a screen shot perhaps of how I get rid of it.  One of those OCD things, lol, just can't can't stand having that message there and I do it without even concentrating on 'how'  Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yay, I had one Smiley Happy  That column used to be on the right hand side & moved itself to the left a few months back

Hope this helps

For tippy.png

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply