Why is relisting sometimes free and sometimes not?

I had an ebay bill of $699 this month and $134 last month - I almost fell of my chair and then I realised as I was relisting some items this evening that some are free to relist and some are not?  Why is this?  I've been relisting items for 99c and paid $1.50 in fees every time without knowing as eBay information says it is free to relist!  So I am not paying more to list the item than what it will sell for! What is going on?!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

before hitting the "submit" button, what price showed up on the page?

I had a glitch where I tried to relist a whole heap of items when I still had freebies, but that came up still. Sometimes I can get around it by relisting smaller quantities and other times it just does what it is supposed to do if I wait a while.

Had you gone over your limit?

Had any extra inclusions such as sub titles?

If you agreed to a price on the pop up screen, then you accepted these fees when you submitted them. Only press submit when this says $0

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Relisting your item

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice.  

I never thought to check as I thought "relist for free" means exactly that.  I always only  list with the basic free stuff - no subtitles or extra photos etc.  So you'd think it should be free...

So what is the "limit"? I've been a member for years and it's the first time I hear there is a limit?... I find ebay very difficult to find the "rules" - it's very easy to list stuff and buy stuff, but the adminitrative stuff and rules can only be found through a maze of links and clicks.  It should be upfront and clear so it's easy to view and understand.  You've obviously been a member for many moons and even you don't know why it sometimes charge a fee and sometimes are free and you have to juggle your way around it...  It should be clear and consistent.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  We live in a world where you need to check your change, what you're charged and all the sneaky other stuff all the time.  Nothing is as it seems and nothing is for free, even when it says it is...  I'll now check every single thing with a magnifying glass.  

Very expensive lesson learnt!  Not sure I want to use ebay anymore - they've changed it in so many ways to benefit only ebay.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

forming contracts with ebay is no different to forming a contract with any other entity. You have to read and understand everything before you agree to it.

I don't think there is an official limit other than your selling restrictions or consumption of your quotas, just sometimes the system balks and other times it doesn't.

Best of luck with your future transactions.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply