Why is there no Australia Post 1kg parcel post satchel option when listing an item for sale?

There is a 500g. Then there is a 3kg option (huge jump! ) Then a 5kg.

Is there a reason for this particular postage not being an option when listing?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Why is there no Australia Post 1kg parcel post satchel option when listing an item for sale?

Use flat postage and put the price in yourself.

It is not an option because eBay don't provide a 1kg service. You can buy the satchels from AP in 10-packs.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

if you're talking about Aus Post - i've been using 1kg Express Post satchels since they first came out and continually have asked ebay to include it in the postage options - which they never have. i'm guessing they find it all too hard.. 

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

yes, it's BS......I just use standard postage & put in $10 postage
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I put in AP satchel and $10.95. 'Cause that's what they cost.

I gave up on calculated postage for eBay satchels last year, when they had gone 12 months without updating the price. Then they had the hide to add 15c per eBay label to the AP rates (but not the calculation), even though AP didn't increase those prices last year.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I've been using 1kg regular satchels for a while.

It is not a size that is commonly displayed at the PO, and has to be bought in packs of 10.

Your PO will get them for you of they don't carry stock - I sometimes have to wait a day or two for my local PO to get them in for me.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Yeah it's not listed on Ebay... I just put in "Regular Parcel" or whatever it is. I charge $12. My local Post Office, which is a franchise, sells them individually for this price.
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Depending on your PO, they may sell them separately. one of the POs I use does, which is great for items under 1kg. Whilst I don't think they're suppose to, some just do sell them individually.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment wrote:

if you're talking about Aus Post - i've been using 1kg Express Post satchels since they first came out and continually have asked ebay to include it in the postage options - which they never have. i'm guessing they find it all too hard.. 

It look's a bit like AP offer these but don't really want anyone to know about them.

The 1kg label is not offered on AP's MyPost Business site either.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply