Why no DVDs are selling?

qball28
Community Member

I know DVDs ainโ€™t popular anymore now. ( With streaming etc) but my DVDs it says thereโ€™s no-one looking or watching over and over on a loop , just resisting all the time, occasionally get some one watching etc but mostly zero for 10 days and relists ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ Has to be someone somewhere, not just nothing.Is  EBay messing with it so you use their promote listing option.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Why no DVDs are selling?

It's not ebay algorithm shenanigans.  It's the fact you have 6 listings, all the same show that is widely available (it's on Netflix), for a form of media 20-odd years out of date.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

I'm guessing it wouldnt be because I can find brand new DVD's for lower prices than you are wanting for used ones.

No I must be wrong on that,  of course I would happily pay more for used DVD's.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

I don't think the age is relevant - people like the old TV series.   A bit over-priced though.    Also a bit confusing - like Picards instead of Picado,  editon instead of edition,  I don't know what Oitnb means; and I would try to get REGION 4 in the title.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

Oitnb means orange is the new black, I canโ€™t fit it all in so I use abbreviation (itโ€™s known for anyway) itโ€™s a show on Netflix about womanโ€™s prison. Picardo is an actor ( Robert Picardo ) Picard is a show based on character from Star Trek . They are limited editions (must be a typo - Iโ€™ll fix it ๐Ÿ˜€) rare and whole season.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

I don't understand your answer.    You don't have "Oitnb "   or "Picards" for sale, so why are they in the titles of your listings?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

I'm assuming there are people in those shows who are also in these dvds?

Maybe?

I'd also call that akin to keyword spamming if that is what is going on

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

Hi sugar,  Was this the 1932 Black & White Version that came out ???   Was very Popular for its time. Cheers.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

Star Trek Voyager is a very specific version of a franchise, I think you'll be waiting a while to sell them to the right person that might come along.  In the meantime you could try other channels like FB Marketplace and Gumtree, but be prepared to put up with a lot of stupid people who message once and don't respond again, and others who are trying to scam you.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Why no DVDs are selling?

@love_of_cars wrote:

Star Trek Voyager is a very specific version of a franchise, I think you'll be waiting a while to sell them to the right person that might come along.  In the meantime you could try other channels like FB Marketplace and Gumtree, but be prepared to put up with a lot of stupid people who message once and don't respond again, and others who are trying to scam you.

If the OP does have Facebook to use Marketplace, I'd be looking for specific Star Trek groups. That way you have 100% of the audience you want. A lot there will probably already have the DVD's, but there would be some that don't, and might snap them up. Local buy swap and sell sites could be useful too, but I've found with my local groups, people don't want to pay any more than 50c to $1 for a DVD, regardless of what it is.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply