Will canceling an order cancel out NPB strike?

Buyer buys an item but does not pay. Reminder sent but still no payment so I opened a UPI case which went the distance and I closed it giving the buyer a strike.

Just got an message asking to cancel the order which was purchased by mistake (Yep 3 weeks later they realise its bought by mistake) 

My question is ...if I do cancel the order will that also take away the strike for non payment. Is this s a sneaky way of getting past the UPI strike?

Probably a question for ebay but I thought I would ask people with more than 3 brain cells first ! 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The order is already cancelled, as that's basically what a UPI does and you're only able to do one or the other.

That's what I'd tell the buyer as well, that it's already cancelled. You can also advise them they're able to appeal the strike with eBay if that's what they're concerned about, if you want to, but you're not able to remove it yourself.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

As said, the UPI case once closed cancels the transaction and neither party can leave feedback.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. Just want to make sure the buyer is not trying to riggle out of a strike. I would ban them from the site if I had my way. 

Thanks for the input 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

make sure you block them from buying from you again

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5wrote:

As said, the UPI case once closed cancels the transaction and neither party can leave feedback.

Is this specific to UPI cases? I never had one, so I don't know. I once had to cancel a transaction and could still leave feedback, and as the seller had been very helpful I gave him positive feedback for his help of course.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I'd tell them not to worry about it, the sale has already been cancelled from your end, but I would not mention the strike or that they can appeal. Why give them ideas?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@papermoon.ladywrote:

@kopenhagen5wrote:

Is this specific to UPI cases? I never had one, so I don't know. I once had to cancel a transaction and could still leave feedback, and as the seller had been very helpful I gave him positive feedback for his help of course.

Yes, a cancellation means feedback can be left by both.

UPI case, feedback cannot be left by both members.

And if feedback is left during the UPI process (before case is closed) it's removed by eBay upon request if not automatically.

image host
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5wrote:

@papermoon.ladywrote:

@kopenhagen5wrote:

Yes, a cancellation means feedback can be left by both.

UPI case, feedback cannot be left by both members.

And if feedback is left during the UPI process (before case is closed) it's removed by eBay upon request if not automatically.

It makes complete sense that in an UPI case, neither party can leave feedback.

The 'buyer' never paid so the purchase never made it to first base anyway & there is nothing he can report back on & sellers can only leave positives, which an UPI dispute definitely isn't.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply