Will ebay eventually have a filter to indicate which country the seller is from?

I purchased an item which ended up being faulty. Before purchasing I read the feedback and narrowed down my search to items located in Australia. In the end the seller and I could not come to agreement so he requested the item be returned at my cost but have the item sent to China before I get a refund. I read the return policy and happy to pay postal cost, however nowhere does it state he was from China. I only choose to purchase from Australia as I know what my rights shoudl situations like this occur but it turns out he's in China. Which means it could take forever to get my money back which isn't fair because I pay for all my item straight away.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Will ebay eventually have a filter to indicate which country the seller is from?

sorry to drag this up again, but now I have had first hand experience looking for something, I just had to vent

No matter which variations I used, Austalia only, located in Australia, choose Australian Sellers - my search still ended up with multiple items from sellers in China and Hong Kong to name a few.

Anybody who has figured out how to get just Australian sellers please let me know.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

Re: Will ebay eventually have a filter to indicate which country the seller is from?

I have seen several poster suggest using the distance filter using a postcode in the centre of Australia.....I can't remember what it was though.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Ebay needs to pull there finger out and make sure there filters work, if I narrow a search for Australian items only, why am I still browsing items from China, US and other parts of the world. When I’ve ticked filter Item location Australia only, this is deceitful under handed and immoral (shifty) therefore when I tick a filter like item location IT SHOULD THEN BE ILLEGAL for eBay to sell you anything that’s NOT listed within Australia. TRUTH BE KNOWN, eBay couldn’t give a rats ass about the buyer as long as they seller getting sales, there making money. POOR PRACTICES EBAY POOR
Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

IDK WHY EBAY HAS ITEM LOCATION FILTER, we all know it does nothing, whilst ebay sellers are selling ebays continues to make money.
Why would ebay penalise sellers for trying to sell and make ebay money!!!
Filter location Australian only, should mean any seller outside au can not sell to us Australians, it should be illegal BUT HEY Then ebay doesn’t profit & WE CANT HAVE THAT CAN WE EBAY???
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

The Australian items filter just means tha the seller will post to Australia. If you find an item you really want you can click on the sellers profile and it will show what country they are registered in. 

Oh, and Ebay don't read here. 

Latest reply

Given it's been four years since this thread was current, and there are many other current threads about the issue, and eBay don't read the boards, and eBay hasn't done anything about it in all this time, and eBay definitely protect buyers at the expense of sellers, I doubt your whinge will gain any traction.

But I'm sure you feel better now.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply