Would it be worth my while to open a store

Hi,would appreciate any advise  on whether it would benefit me in the long run to open a store,I sell mostly clothing new and used.Would be grateful for any suggestions and words of wisdom fom other store sellers.Thanks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

As all your items are auction no benifet to opening a store, only would benifet you if your listings were BIN (Buy it Now) as can be listed for 0 dollars and 30 day GTC ( Good till cancelled) and with all the free extra listing offers for non store owners these days eg current one on the boards for a 1000 free listings, better of sticking with your current setup.

Cheers

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks if I listed as BIN then would that be more beneficial to have a store.I did not qualify for the promo this weekend for some reason.So with a store I can list for nothing but still pay FVF and store monthly fee.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Yes that is correct basic store just under $20 a month 200 free listings, soon to be 400 i believe, yes fees only on sold items, 30 day GTC, so auto relists after 30 days, can use the out of stock option on listings ie 0 quantity, to keep listing live, while waiting for stock, and lower selling fees, and maybe some other benifets that some one might post.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Can I  sell how I am now plus have a store is that okay?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Many say a store becomes more viable when you list 100-200 items or more.

Otherwise better to stick with what you are doing.

You currently prob get 40 free per month and if you also get the 3 free relists that is in effect 160 free per month.

Not much point in having a store yet, especially if you are having sales with auctions. 

You would need to change to BIN's and that may not work as well for your items.

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Sure you can but will still be paying a $1.50 per auction listing and getting no benifet from having a store unless running BIN listings in there as well, my wife used to sell used clothing auction style, went quite well, encouraged her to go the store format with BIN and sales dropped of dramatically, as BIN take quite some time to gather watchers, so more a long term thing, whereas auctions because of thier low starting price and shorter listing days tend to generate watchers quickly, and some bidding wars just go beyond expectations, where as others get dismall results.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It seems to me that auctions recieve greater exposure under best match making these more succesfull than BINS these days.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I found the same thing with auctions a couple of years ago, and so did a friend of mine. I think some buyers probably only look at the auctions in certain categories too.

Stores only get free listings for auctions in specific categories so you'd have to pay a listing fee for all your clothing auctions (unless they're collectables).
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Can I  sell how I am now plus have a store is that okay?

I do to a certyain extent, I have a store which I use for new clothing, especially with multiple quantities and multi variation opptions then I have another 2 ids which I use for auctions and BIN with BO for mostly second hand clothes and anything else that I may be wanting to sell.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply