Wow, 3 defects from 1 sale.

3 used dvds didn't arrive to 1 buyer. and no tracking for a $2.99 movie before anyone states i should have.

of cource rather than messaging me they open 3 cases. cases are still open.

this morning 3 defects are showing even though it's all on 1 sale.

looking at her feedback looks like it is a genuine lost in mail or still on the way allthough very late.

have no issue of refunding but is there any way to remove the defects?

if i voluntary refund before she closes the case does anyone actually know if the defects will go?

or am i screwed no matter what?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

cq_tech
Community Member
Some buyers can be complete nobs. How long before eBay gets of their collective ar$es and makes it a specific condition of lodging a dispute that the buyer has at least attempted to contact the seller in order to work out the problem amicably? No level playing fields around here, that's for sure.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I was just thinking that right now as I carefully watch my items like an air traffic controller, slowly approaching their destination ..... There is even one that has gone off the radar ........ with AP resources in action looking for it  ...... I try to pre-empt any buyer concern by keeping them in the loop, but there is nothing stopping them from opening a dispute without contact.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

I just refunded a buyer for item not received in mail.

Refund your buyer before the case is escalated - that is, before the date in the email (its 4 days I think). People on these boards helped me.

Mine is still showing as a defect, but I think it will automatically get removed. Ebay email says it won't be a defect

Thanks for sending a refund of AU $XX to your buyer.
This request won't count against you when determining your seller standing.You can view the details of this request in the Resolution Centre.

I'm not sure what happens if buyer then dings your DSR - maybe there are grounds for removal?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

look gav   buyers should contact sellers and between you 2 can work out things , but some buyers can be pain in the backside, your 3 defects come as there are 3 different sale items , and have 3 different feedbacks  for instance if the buyer got the 3 dvds and one was no good , you would get only 1 defect for the dvd that was no good not all 3 .

the trouble as you know ,when you dont send an article without tracking or a signature. if it goes missing be prepsred to pay for it ,with costs and feedback. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I have been so lucky in that all my buyers except one, who had an issue of some kind, contacted me directly rather than open a dispute. The except one, just went for the red dot instead. The others were satisfied with the outcome and gave glowing feedback and 5 stars for everything.

Just this week I received a lovely message from a buyer saying that one of the 2 items he'd bought arrived broken. He attached a photo and the one wasn't just broken, it was smashed! He'd bought them for his 2 young boys as they had started collecting that type of thing, so I offered a similar replacement or a refund. He opted for the replacement, so instead of sending an exact replacement, I sent much better ones and also included a few other bits and pieces they can add to their collection.

I didn't have to do that, but he was so polite and calm with his message and even the follow up messages were friendly and polite. I could feel the disappointment in his kids when one arrived broken. It was the least I could do to put a smile back on their faces. I've told him I posted the replacement, but didn't actually tell him what I'd posted. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they open it!

Call it good customer service. You do the right thing by me, I'll do the right thing by you.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Careful wendshee; no good turn goes unpunished. What you did was a very nice gesture but you need to be careful that both kids wanted the same item, otherwise you may have created problems in the buyer's household because one kid's toy is better than the other's. Smiley Indifferent
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

correct cq   my son used to complain why do i have more brocoli on my plate than his sister  lol

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I only needed to replace the one that was broken, but I sent 2 of the better ones for that reason. That way they could both have one of the better ones each.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Good thinking! That should keep everybody happy and guarantee good feedback and DSRs. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply