fee extortion by ebay !!!! refuses to credit or refund fee's when its there fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buyer take their time !!!! had item for 14 days then tells me there is a problem , easy fixed return item for refund took another 14 days to return item .refund issued ,  No where dose Ebay tell you about applying a cancellation of transaction in the sellers area  on refunds .Apon enquiring about credit or refund on fee's i was told that it has been more than 30 days since the item was sold so no refund on fee's and Ebay dose not refund fee's anymore . You do the right thing for your buyers and all you get from Ebay is rediculious fee's and charges . If Ebay was an AUSTRALAIN COMPANY I would take great delight in taking legal action . Im sure that I am not the only person sick of being ripped off by Eaby's fee's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

fee extortion by ebay !!!! refuses to credit or refund fee's when its there fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebay.au is an Australian Company. They have a head office in Sydney.

You could raise a formal complaint about this with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), that might light a fire under them.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

A search turned this up -

Timing:
  • If the buyer didn't receive an item, or the item didn't match the listing description, the buyer can open a return request or report that they didn't receive the item up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date

• If no estimated delivery date is available, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be seven days after paying for the item for transactions between a buyer and seller in the same country, and 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries.

From here -

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/credits.html
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

how very odd.

i just had a return of an item purchased two months ago.  listing said 7 day return and refunds only for not as described so i was under no obligation to do so, but for the sake of good customer relations and service, i refunded the buyer the purchase price but not the postage.

i got my final value fee refunded and my final value fee on postage but i did ask politely and batter my considerably long lashes ; )

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

This is not correct.  Of course you are owed your fees back.  Call them back and keep calling until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.  Don't waste your time with email or chat.  

Good one CS, yet again.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply