Wrong Email address for Paypal

I recently had to change my email address and therefore had to change the email address on my paypal account.  While I was in the process of editing my listings to show the new email address I had 2 items sell and an offer placed on another and they still had the old email address attached to them.  As this email address no longer exists and not attached to my paypal account what will happen if the buyers send payment via paypal?  Will the money get through to my account?

Any suggestions on what I can do to sort this out

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

After purchase the address can't be moved or changed.

You will need to call Paypal and they will transfer any funds over to your new address.

If your buyers payments are not going through, you can send a request for funds from your new PayPal address after you get the buyer's PayPal email.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You can do what Kopes said.
Or if the address does not exist the money will be unclaimed, all buyer has to do is log into paypal and cancel the payment and have another go.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

OR, keep the old address as a Paypal address.

Failing that, ensure you don't kill the old address before you have set the new one on all your listings.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That is how you should change your address, leave the old one there and add the new one and make it primary. That way any payments that go to the old address will still appear in your Paypal account although if you no longer have access to the old address you will not receive the initial notification that the payment has been made.

You can have up to 8 email addresses added to Paypal, I still have an address added to my UK Paypal account that I have not had access to for at least 10 years lo., one of these days I will remember to remove it while  am logged into Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry for delayed response....had to go interstate and had no internet connection.  

Thanks for the advice.  Yes....as soon as I hit 'Delete' on the old address I knew I had done the wrong thing.  All sorted out as the person who bought item decided they didn't want it as they didn't read the description properly and as I had to dash off interstate the offer made lapsed.  And now everything has new address

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply