Wrong Information on Ebay Postage Labels for a long time now.

Package carrier; Australia Post

Item was 7.1 kg in the description and the label shows when i lodged the item 500 Gram. And was till so far 4 items were rejected and i am in the list to get Fined by Australian post.

Forwarded all the details to eBay as the (labels and description sizes) as i did have send 4 Items in a short period were all wrong info on the Labels posted. (As they were correct in the descriptions)

Did informed to managers and team leaders

No response (as we will look in this was the answer).

Been told by Australian post manager that it was a serious error and was instructed to tell who is involved with the labels. (eBay)

Answer was all so if it happens again, you may get Fined been told by Australian post as this was serious,

In the mean time I ended over the 340 listings of my Two accounts till it is Rectified but there was no answer as eBay do not care, as it was followed up to eBay in emails. (No responses at all.)

When you print a label, it is not showing what the weight and size is on the printed labels only when it is scanned.

(Only shows in your listing description with is not similar when you are on the desk to lodge the items.)

So, I am in a state to give up as I cannot have this again and reported as eBay should be punished and not the Seller.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller should not be choosing eBay labels that are obviously wrong. Or did you think you could send over 5kg in a satchel/box? Doesn't happen. Over 5kg is a different game, which you should know. And should have checked before generating the label.

Use AP MyPost Business, and fill the fields in correctly.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Silly question, but how much did you pay for the label's

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Unless I've misunderstood what is happening, it sounds more to me that the size and weight dimensions you've entered in to the description are not automatically imported to the postage label when being created on eBay and you're just going by the default ones ? That could be deemed an eBay issue, assuming importing the dimensions is how it normally works (I don't use eBay postage labels, nor do I enter weights etc into the section provided on the listing form, so I don't know if it's ever worked like that).

But, that doesn't mean it's all eBay's fault here - does it not display the dimensions and weight being used to assess the postage label cost? When I go to create a label (not print it), it shows weight, then L x W x H  quite clearly, the default is 1g and 4.5cm x 4.5cm x 1cm, so the default price is the up to 500g rate ($9.30); they can easily be altered, though, by typing in the fields etc, and I have to ask whether or not you researched postage costs prior and wondered why you were only being charged $9.30 for a label on a 7kg+ item? 

Do you not see this when creating a label, or are you saying it shows you the correct weight and charge, but it's only scanning as a 500g parcel when lodging?  That would quite obviously be a serious issue with eBay, but if it's just a matter of you overlooking the parcel dimensions and accepting whatever is the default, then Australia Post is right to direct the fines for underpaid mail at you, not ebay. 

postage label creation.PNG

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I'll hazard a guess - standard for Small, Medium or Large. All subject to the 5kg limit. Methinks the OP looks for cheapest post (whether applicable or not) and then bleats when found to be a postage pirate.

I would be really interested in what postage they actually charge, but I doubt that information will be produced.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

When generating postage labels, it is your responsibility and yours alone, to ensure all details are correct.

The heading for this thread, would indicate that you have been aware, for a long time, that you have been under paying  for incorrectly declared post.

Oh Poor  B....R  Me!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply