You cant leave negative feedback on trash buyers?

Had a buyer win an auction with no intention of buying the item.

- Found out there is no unpaid item case anymore

- Found out you can no longer leave negative feedback on trash buyers

FB marketplace time?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can cancel an order for non-payment after 4 days, and if you do it will be automatically a non-payment strike.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Correct, on the second count

It has been many, many, many years since eBay allowed anything but positive green ticks and happy words for buyers

I do not know why you could not open an  'unpaid item case' any more

It might not be called that, but you can still certainly report non payment 

How long has it been since the item 'sold' ?

You need to cancel the order but only select the reason as buyer did not pay  

That option might not be there if it has not been 'long enough' since the item 'sold'

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You can cancel an order for non-payment after 4 days, and if you do it will be automatically a non-payment strike.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Which item wasn't paid for? If it's anything before the 2 phones you sold, then it's too late to do anything. If it's either of the phones, as already mentioned, select to cancel the transaction with the option that the buyer didn't pay. It's different to the old unpaid item dispute now. I've not had to do an unpaid since the new system came in, but I believe it's instant, instead of having to wait another 4 days before you can close the dispute. 

Selecting that option will give the buyer a strike on their account. If they do it again in the next 12 months, they will find they can't buy from sellers who have blocks in place. Do you have blocks in place for serial non payers? If not, you should. It doesn't stop buyers from not paying, but it can certainly weed out the serial pests.

Edited to add: It's been around 15 years since buyers could get negative feedback. Buyers getting negs was completely pointless because it didn't stop them buying. A buyer could have 1,000 negs out of 1,110 transactions and they could still buy. Reason being, by the time they bought from you, it's too late to check their feedback and see they are a serial pest. Yes, if they bid early in an auction you could check feedback and maybe cancel the bid, but for the most part, it was pointless. Sellers getting negs can stop them selling. Buyers getting negs is nothing more than a short lived satisfaction from a disgruntled seller. It doesn't stop them buying.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

When I was still doing auctions, I always took the time to check feedback, both as a buyer and what they left for sellers. If there were any red flags, I had no issues with putting them on my blocked list promptly.

I also had my buyer restrictions in place so that anyone who had mucked sellers around could not even bid in the first place. If you don't have those set up, I highly suggest you take a few mins to do so.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Member since 2013. The bar on sellers leaving negatives predates that by at least 5 years. So it shouldn't be a surprise.

As far as not being able to open a UPI, it is now (for at least a couple of years) a subset of 'cancel'. I, as a seller received at least one notification of this change. Maybe read your email notifications, or eBay announcements. Good luck with FB. I have many  listings there, cheaper as no fees, but people still buy here.

Probably better use of your time to actually read up on seller protections and how eBay works.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Cool, get the usual nonpayers, but this one was especially trashy and needs that unpaid item/neg feedback, total karen.

Pathetic that they removed neg feedback and adjusted the other system, that didnt need any adjusting. 🙄

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@cooldaylight wrote:

Pathetic that they removed neg feedback and adjusted the other system, that didnt need any adjusting. 🙄

Did you even read any of the responses ?

Negs for buyers was not an option when you joined, nor was it an option when I joined well before you.

Non-payer strikes have now been streamlined (read, made easier) and you do not have to wait 4 days to relist anymore.

Sheesh................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply