You do not have a valid billing account. Please provide a valid account before choosing your Store.

For some reason I cannot create a store to sell.
Keeps giving me this notice. I have a business account.
You do not have a valid billing account. Please provide a valid account before choosing your Store. Billing account

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You do not have a valid billing account. Please provide a valid account before choosing your Store.

I have linked paypal and added a valid credit card

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Why would you want a store, when you have a brand new account, with a selling limit of 10? It would be a complete waste of money. Having a store won't increase your listing limit, you can still only list 10 items a month until it increases. As for creating a "business account", bad move, even if you are a business.

List and sell some items without a store, and get some feedback. Then you can ask eBay for a limit increase, which could give you 35 a month. I wouldn't open a store until my limit was at least 200. 

Are you also aware that being a new seller, PayPal will hold your funds for 21 days before releasing them to you? You still have to send the items before the funds are released.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Hi tippy toes,

why do you say opening a "business account" is a bad move?

Regards,

John.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Business accounts miss out on a lot of the promotions offered to sellers.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You may well be automatically opted into Managed Payments. In which case I believe a verified bank account for payments from eBay is required.

Have you actually opened a selling account? You say so, but there might be a delay. I can't remember. I last opened a selling account 8 years ago, and the rules and procedures have doubtless changed in that time.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@leatherland1 wrote:

Hi tippy toes,

why do you say opening a "business account" is a bad move?

Regards,

John.

There is no difference between a business account and a personal account, I have a business account and get promotional offers all the time, they just tend not to be for free listings (which I don't need because I'm on managed payments so get 250k free listings a month).

Plus, if you are a GST-registered busines (like I am) you have to have a business account if you want GST-free fees. 

You shouldn't register as a business if you are not one, but it doesn't hurt if you are. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply