adchoices slowing computer

just wondering if anyone else is getting put of using ebay due to time wasted waiting for adchoicesto load each time I open  new page,

have ADSL 2 internet but in country are so this is still slow but used to open instantly and now takes at least 15 seconds to open each new page while adchoices load,

Not only do I actively try to avoid any company advertising but I now will not browse ebay unless I absolutely have to,

I used to browse for items of interest usually every day for maybe 5 or 10  minutes but no longer do as cannot afford to spend at least half hour to look at same number of pages,as a rsult have not bought or even bid on any collectable for over 6 months .

Not everyone in australia has super fast NBN that can handle the **bleep** overload that is now common on the internet

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: adchoices slowing computer

Just another reason why we believe that buyers are deserting ebay for other venues.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

download and install ADBLOCK, it made a big difference to my computers run times. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

shedshite
Community Member

Thank you most kindly for this tip. I now have most of my speed back and I am enjoying browsing for the first time in months. Regards Norm

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@time*worn*style wrote:

download and install ADBLOCK, it made a big difference to my computers run times. 

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a decent adblocker?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I'm using Adblock Plus on Firefox - it's already there on that browser and just needs to be activated, and can be downloaded for Chrome.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply