anyone noticing pricing BOTS/Scripts been used on listings???

Has been watching a couple listings of late in a few different areas of ebay and has been noticing something that been catching my eye.   And that there are sellers using some type of pricing bot/script on their listings any ideas what it is ???   And is it even allowed to be used on ebay ???  

Have a look at this listing for an example of the script at work.   IT hitting the listing every 10 mins and changing the price with out fail.   And there a number of them across ebay in different areas.   

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Perth-Mint-Kangaroo-1g-9999-Gold-Minted-Bullion-Bar-Black-Cert-Card-1-Gr...

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I've tried is several times and it is showing the same price every time.

Are you sure you're logged into eBay Aust? If you are viewing from a different site, the price would fluctuate with changes in the exchange rate.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

yep logged into aussie site and it a aussie seller.   if you look at the  revisions on the listing you can see without fail the 10 min updates next one will be at 4:57 pm AEST or there abouts

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

without fail it just hit the listing again  last hit 

16 Sep, 2020
16:58:02 AEST
Buy It Now price

@davewil1964 wrote:

I've tried is several times and it is showing the same price every time.

Are you sure you're logged into eBay Aust? If you are viewing from a different site, the price would fluctuate with changes in the exchange rate.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I see your point. It would have to be a script. I don't know how they have it set up, maybe linked to the gold price somehow? The last update was 3c, so hardly worth doing manually.

You would have to ask eBay, I suspect.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I see your point. It would have to be a script. I don't know how they have it set up, maybe linked to the gold price somehow? The last update was 3c, so hardly worth doing manually.

You would have to ask eBay, I suspect.

Yep i throught the same re the link to gold price but this thing is not acting to the gold price as it was dropping the price on a rising gold price.     There others out there on other listings eg books  clothes etc.   which are not linked to a price.    they are range set eg 33- 40 for example and what they do is drop and rise in that range by x amount at a time...

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I would surmise it is the spot price of gold that changes by the hour. The script is fetching the current price and recalculating the listing price based upon the precious metal content value in the listing, aka 1 gram.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

With spot gold trading at about $A86 per gram, and they are selling the 1 gram gold product for about $A136, surely the price of gold should not be an urgent  factor in their pricing?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Wow....never seen so many...have checked that seller's sold items......all the same things are happening - have no answer, sorry
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Guess on such an important issue we could always ask eBay for guidance?  Oops - there is not way to contact them and they claim to not monitor these boards!

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply