as a seller is there any way to tell if buyer was ebayplus?

as a seller is there any way to tell if buyer was ebayplus? thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I was talking to someone the other day you had an item being returned through ebay plus but no mention that they knew before hand. For reference they are not signed up as a seller for ebay plus.

Also I gathered they paid return postage as it was in the listing policy for the item. Not sure if having buyer pays return shipping would help.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

To my understanding eBay plus is a buyer option not a seller option. Buyers pay an annual membership fee for the privilege of receiving their item free of postage where the listing separately advertised postage.
To date I've never seen the eBay plus badge on any listing other than those with free shipping, which, of course, means that eBay are protecting themselves from paying the cost of postage, but at the same time taking the annual membership fees from buyers.
So IMHO it's yet another rort by eBay.
I'm unaware of any way a seller would know if/not a buyer uses their eBay plus membership to purchase.

Here's another thing that bothers me about eBay plus....
If there's some kind of problem on an item purchased using eBay plus where eBay have covered the postage for the buyer. Then I can bet if you have to do a refund down the track the seller will be hit up for the full refund including the original postage even tho the buyer did not pay for the original postage. This would actually mean the buyer would make a profit and given what happens with return cases very likely keep the item as well.
Any other thoughts on this one???
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

it is no different than any other scheme ebay has come up with that we have to endure.

and when I search I see some plus eligible sellers with postage separate - so the item is cheaper for the buyer(for now).

this free post baloney should have been stopped from the start.

if i spend $x on a lot of websites they offer free postage for real not item cost plus postage ebay free.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I don't know if eBay Plus has been the cause of it, because it's been happening for a while and I only recently started getting "plus" logos on my listings, but I sometimes get PayPal notifications that say things like:

Item price $10

Postage $0

Payment total $15

And the difference between item price and payment total is the postage cost. It made me wonder if these weren't members who had access to trial memberships. Problem is, it could also have been one of any number of other things that caused it, so I'm still just wondering out loud.

Of course, even if that is the case, it won't be immediately obvious if you list with free postage, unless some other way is noted. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If you go into the Sales Record its has

"This is an eBay Plus Order?"

But when you click on the ? it has

"For eBay Plus orders, you've agreed to provide free postage with same day handling (when payment is cleared by 2pm) and delivery within 1 business day(maximum of 2)."

which is news to me. I have 1 Business day handling.

Last 13 sales only one EbayPlus.

For a so called technology company ebay seem to be struggling as usual.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

powershock.gif<--- eBay tech: "I wonder what happens if I change this line of code here..."

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply