automatically relist feature not working - december 2014

Are any other ebay sellers having the same problem as me with the "automatically relist up to 3 times" feature not available on either new listings or relisting unsold items?

I have tried contacting ebay by phone and live chat the past few days and they tell me all sorts of wrong answers regarding why, but ebay's own help pages say that automatically relist feature is available to everyone but ebay store owners.

Please let me know if you've had success with getting a satisfactory answer / outcome from ebay.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I haven't listed anything new for a few days, but had no issues when I did. Try clearing out your browser cache any cookies and then restart your browser. EBay suggested that to me when I lost the tick box a few months back and that fixed it.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Mine is working just fine, several items relisted in last few days no problems
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I think the issue Lurch is having is that the box to tick to relist items 3 times for free isn't there when he goes to list an item, as opposed to items not automatically relisting.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Only problem I have is that the option isn't available in TL. I get round that by scheduling all my listings then once they are uploaded I go in and tick the boxes before they go 'live'.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I have just done a couple of sell similar and the box was there to tick.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks everyone. eBay has told me I don't have automatic relist available as I have sold more than 100 items in previous 12 months.

This sounds unfair & not lusted on any eBay policy.

Anyone had this issue? How did you get around it with eBay support?

I don't have an eBay store either... Just selling things I no longer wear
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@lurch3927 wrote:
Thanks everyone. eBay has told me I don't have automatic relist available as I have sold more than 100 items in previous 12 months.

This sounds unfair & not lusted on any eBay policy.

Anyone had this issue? How did you get around it with eBay support?

I don't have an eBay store either... Just selling things I no longer wear

I have sold far more than 100 items in the last 12 months and stil have the option of automatic relists. Same with a lot of other sellers who still have the option.

I did lose the box a few months back and contacted eBay about it. They said to me that it was probably because I had sold more than 100 items, but also suggested to clear out the browser cache. I did that and the box reappeared.

Friday night I listed an item and the box wasn't there and thought it might be cache clear out time again. I went back in after I listed it to change something and noticed the box was back, so I ticked it. It is still there now when I list/relist something.

Try cleaning out your cache. If you don't know how to do it, let me know which browser you use and I'll give you instructions.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your help.

I am using google chrome, and occasionally use firefox, so if you could give me instructions for both that would be great.

Also, how did you get ebay support to give you the right information? They've told me so many wrong things this past week, even telling me because I am rated as  a "top seller" I can't use auto relist.

Really really appreciate your help!

Thanks

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

I have no idea how I got that info, I must have got someone on a good day!

Clearing cache on Chrome:

Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top right under the X and select settings.

Scroll down and click Show Advanced Settings.

Then under Privacy, select the Clear Browsing Data button.

Untick everything except cookies and cache and change the dropdown up the top to The Beginning of Time

Then click the Clear Browsing Data button. 

Restart your browser when it's done.

Clearing Cache on Firefox:

Click on the 3 horizontal lines under the X and select History.

Then select Clear Recent History.

In the box that pops up, untick everything except cookies and cache and change the dropdown at the top to Everything.

Then press the Clear Now button.

Restart your browser when it's done.

Hopefully it works for you, like it did for me!

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply