bank charge back after almost 7 months?

Sale was made on the 4th of Sep 2014, then this morning I got a notice from paypal, says buyer started a bank charge back, claim it's an unauthorised transaction.

Paypal asks me to upload tracking #, I can try to find it but I really don't wish to dig into my old paperworks; on the other hand, it's been 7 months, is the # still traceable on Auspost website?

I have contacted the buyer (or scammer) but no reply so far.

What would happen if I can't provide tracking detail?

If anyone has experienced this, please give me some advise.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: bank charge back after almost 7 months?

ditto...same happened to me....buyer repaid when it 'wasn't in my favour...
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I had one about a week ago, the tracking was still working when they lodged the dispute but a few days after when paypal got arround to checking the tracking it showed nothing and i lost the dispute. I ended up calling them and sent them a screen shot of the tracking updates recorded by ebay and i ended up getting it reversed.
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

AP tracking is usually only available to view for 2 months from first scan.  Do we now have to access AP and print off all the tracking details for every sale "just in case".  Thats insane.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

No.

As always with an eBay transaction all you have to prove is postage to the nominated address. For parcels it is a simple matter of keeping lodgement receipts. For prudent sellers who use eBay postage or Click & Send, retention of a copy of the postage label wouldn't hurt.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you all for your replies.

I spent hours looking for the stupid tracking # but sadly I found nothing.

It's been 7 months...

Even if I did find it, it's most likely not traceable anymore so what's the use.

I have reported that person to ACORN; hope it will help.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Did you read MY post.

You don't have to provide tracking, only proof of postage.

Your choice, but the easy way, provided you run your business as a business, is usually best.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

What Dave says is 100% true.

What you need is proof of lodgement.

If you can locate the AP lodgement receipt you would have got at the time of lodgement over the counter this will be all you need.

The receipt will show the tracking number but it really does not matter what (or if) the tracking number still displays anything on the AP web site.

The fact that you can show you lodged it will be a winner for you.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply