best day to end listing and duration

Just wondering what peoples views are on the best days to end an auction, Eg when is eBay busiest and what the best duration to use when selling second hand clothing. Cheers

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

saarzi
Community Member

This really depends on what dynamics youre targeting, and time zones. 

18 - 25 yr olds, unemployed who love to party? 

18 -25 year olds who are from a high socioeconomic background and value education?

30 year old gamer geeks?

30-40 somethings who are into travel?

professional 20 somethings?

40 - 50 year old soccer moms?

Which countries typically buy your stuff? (timezones?)

All these people have different online habits, so best time to list / end will depend on the look / type of clothes you sell and how you position your brand (something I have NOT done, so Im not a good example).

Therefore, it can be different for everyone.

My best time is very late Sunday nights and Monday mornings.  Others here are Thursday and Fridays, and others again, Saturdays.  Ive seen practically all days of the week and all times claimed as "the best time".

Be prepared to do a lot of work to sells econd hand clothing - its one of the hardest things to sell on Ebay due to all the competition (here and elsewhere).  Second hand clothes sellers are a dime a dozen here.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

@beaut-bargins-for-all wrote:

Just wondering what peoples views are on the best days to end an auction, Eg when is eBay busiest and what the best duration to use when selling second hand clothing. Cheers

Bloody hell, how long is a piece of string? If we knew the right answer to your question, we'd all be filthy rich.

I have only one recommendation - NEVER end your auction on a Friday, which is when site maintenance occurs.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply