bidding increments

I have 2 auctions starting with the same amount, why are the bidding increments different?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

bidding increments

Firstly, your dresses are soooo gorgeous! Where were you when my daughter was that small?

I think the bid increment thing is to do with how much a bidder placed as their highest bid.

So if the item was $2 and Johnny bid $6, it would only show as $2.50.

But then when Mary comes along and bids $6.10. Johnny's bid of $6 automatially gets placed but then is immediately outbid by Mary's $5.10 and the new price is $6.1, making it look like the latest bid increment was only 10c...

Is that clear as mud? LOL

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

bidding increments

The bidding increments are the same, 50c as the items are over $5 and less than $25.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/bid-increments.html

On your auction that is currently at $7.55 click on the Show Automatic bids and you'll see how the bidding has increased.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

bidding increments

The bidding increments aren't different, but the price is based on the bid amounts.

For example, an item starting at $5 will have 50c bidding increments. Buyer A bids $5.00, then buyer B bids $6.00 - the price will rise to one increment higher than Buyer A's bid, so $5.50.

If instead Buyer A bid $5.25, the price would rise to $5.75 when buyer B placed the bid of $6.00.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply