blocking people with 0 feedback from bidding on my items

loucas08
Community Member
my item has sold 3 times and to people with 0 feedback then they never contact me or follow through I want to block people with 0 feedback how do I do this please?
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: blocking people with 0 feedback from bidding on my items

Hover over the account tab and select site preferences.

Then to the right of buyer requirements select show n edit.

Set your blocks and save.

The only option to block 0 zero feedback members are the ones that are not phone verified but if you block members with 2 strikes or more as well, that weeds out most serial non payers.

You can also add all your non payers to the Blocked Bidders List at the bottom in the link.

image host
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

ok thankyou i remeber you used to be able to block ppl with 0 feedback it must have changed?

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I am also experiencing an unusually high rate of defaulters in this category of '0' feedback buyers. 

So now if I see a bid from a potential buyer with 0 feedbacks I contact them immediately via EBay messaging, remind them of my conditions of purchase (including communication timeframe, payment timeframe AND pickup timeframe), and ask them to confirm with me within 24 hours of my message that they have read my conditions and are a genuine buyer.  If I do not hear back from them in that 24 hours I cancel their bid and block them as a future bidder.  I am prepared to potentially lose a sale rather than go through the hassle and delay of UPI (Unpaid Item disputes). 

I realise that this can't always work e.g. if they put a bid on in the last 24 hours of the end of the auction. And as a seller I have to be constantly observant about who is bidding on my items.

If the buyer has very low feedback score AND the majority of their recent feedback from sellers is bad (yes, I do appreciate sellers who take the risk and give a positive/negative as it warns me I may have problems and I can be a bit more persistent with the buyer early in the transaction) I don't hesitate to cancel their bid and block them.  No excuse given.

And on a related matter, I had a 0 feedback buyer the other day (last minute bidder), who paid via Paypal quite promptly but the payment was marked as pending so I did not send the item whilst waiting for cleared payment.  After 2 days the Paypal payment showed as having been cancelled - they still haven't paid, are not responding to my messages, so on I go with the UPI. Ho hum. 

Always worth holding on to the item until the Paypal funds are cleared. 

Hope this helps someone out there...

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Isn't it weired how everyone's experiences are different. All my 0 and below 5 feedback buyers have all paid either immediately, or within 30 minutes of me sending the invoice. It's the several hundred feedback people that I seem to have issues with.

I received a message from a buyer this morning saying they had postage cost issues with a seller, therefore refused to go through with the purchase. I'm guessing he then had an unpaid dispute opened against him. Must've had 2 because he couldn't get past my block. He basically demanded that I change my settings so he could bid on some of my items. I went and checked him out and as of this morning, he has 89 current high bids on multiple sellers items, most of which finish within the next 48 hours. 89????? I don't think I'll be adjusting my settings and letting him bid! 89 potential wins, that's a lot to pay for, so I can't help but think he's going to have more unpaid cases opened against him. I don't sell very much, but I still don't want the hassle of the 8 day turn around to be able to relist. He might be true to his word, I don't know, but that's not a risk I'm prepared to take. He has 368 feedback.

As for uncleared payments, NEVER post before you have received the full amount. Sounds like your buyer may've paid with an e-cheque that didn't have enough funds to clear. Either that, or they have completed checkout saying they were going to pay via direct deposit, then never done it. I think some people think that by completing checkout, their items will still be sent. No way, I want to see that blue $ sign before I even think about posting.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

loucas08
Community Member
ive just had ANOTHER 0 feedback purchase the tv I know its not legit because its puck up only and they live in a different state! I think someone is messing with me! im a little annoyed at this I get charged final value fee everytime they do this and i have to open a case to get it back there used to be a way to stop 0 feedback bidding if you didn't want them to??
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I have the blocks in place for phone verified and feedback and am now waiting for an unpaid dispute to finish for the third time on the same item.  So frustrating!

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Yes, you just never know what kind of person you are going to get. I have blocks in place on my account, for low score and for people with nonpayments against them, and I am actually in the process of dealing with a person who seems to be Asian, English is a bit patchy, and she is trying to push me to sell one of my items via Bank deposit outside of Ebay. I have told her that if I do this I am in breach of Ebay rules and likely to get thrown off Ebay if I do, (plus I am going against my own blocks I put in place to save me from people like this, but I didn't tell her that though!) however, she still insists that I sell to her. Personally, my moral compass says to ignore her plees, and stick to my guns and hopefully she will go away Woman Frustrated Any one else dealt with someone like this?

Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Go with your instincts on this as it's sure to be a scam of some sort.

Why would she want to go outside ebay anyway?

She's not paying the fees!

(or is she asking you to drop the price?).

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

All these 0 feedback defaulters....seems to me that it could be a lot of competitor sellers setting up accounts to be the winning bidder on competitors items then defaulting. Maybe, just maybe, their item then sells?

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply