buyer conned me into cancelling a bid

Buyer sent me an message asking me to cancel her bid because she had meant to hit BUY IT NOW button instead of bid button. I did cancel the bid and now, guess what, she's changed her mind and doesn't want it. Anyone else been conned into cancelling a bid like this?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Ha ha ha ha! Sounds like a diet I might try! Thanks for your reply.

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If there are more than 12 hours to go I tell the buyer to cancel their own bid and tell them how, if there are less than 12 hours to go then I will usually cancel even if it is for no reason as it is better to have a cancelled bid than a non payer if they go on to win.

If you don't want to deal with them again add them to your BBL

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I guess I may not get another buyer. So then I've lost the sale.  But I would have let them cancel anyway if they'd been truthful and said they'd wanted to. Only, you know, I'd much rather be told the truth. Can anyone get that?

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You should thank your lucky stars, you don't need those type of buyers.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If there are more than 12 hours to go I tell the buyer to cancel their own bid and tell them how, if there are less than 12 hours to go then I will usually cancel even if it is for no reason as it is better to have a cancelled bid than a non payer if they go on to win.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It's not so bad, at least they changed their mind before auction ended. If they used buy it now then changed their mind you will have to cancel the transaction and risk losing your ebay fees refund if they refused to cancel the transaction.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

p_ssg
Community Member
then cancel it. not a big deal~~if you don't cancel it, you run the risk to get a neg.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

What exactly did you loose by doing this, compared to them not bidding at all?

You lost no money and they did not prevent anyone else from winning the item

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ha ha ha ha! Sounds like a diet I might try! Thanks for your reply.

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I guess I may not get another buyer. So then I've lost the sale.  But I would have let them cancel anyway if they'd been truthful and said they'd wanted to. Only, you know, I'd much rather be told the truth. Can anyone get that?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

ANOTHER CANDIDATE FOR THE BBL!!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply