buyer pays for item and 5 minutes later wants to cancel

ok a buyer was making a best offer on one of my items, we go back and forth until we agree on a price, he pays for it. then around 5-10 minutes later asks wants to cancel and get a refund.
i havent posted it out yet but since i have a "no returns" listed on this item. am i forced to cancel and refund his money? or can i say "bad luck its yours now"?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

JMO but I'd cancel the transaction as not worth the hassle. They're obviously going to give you grief if you post out the item. Once you've cancelled and gotten rid of them-politely-put them on your blocked bidders list.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I'm with foxy, cancel it and get rid of the nuisance buyer.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I agree with the others.....cancel and block the nuisance buyer.

If you post he will find some way to get a refund, perhaps damaging the item to get his own way.

This way you still have an undamaged item to sell.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Cancel, but only choose the option "Problem with Buyers Address/Other", otherwise you'll get a defect.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Give the baby its bottle. Otherwise you might find you get less than positive feedback. Sometimes you just have to give in. If you post it, they could claim not as described, then eBay kindly tells them to keep the item and then force you into a refund. Then you are out the item and the money.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

We're in agreement with everyone else - just cancel and place him on the list.

It's frustrating and annoying, but not worth the aggravation to insist on continuing with the transaction.
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Better yet, put the onus on them and make them start a cancellation request. Here is the text from the help page:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/cancelling-order/cancelling-order?id=4004&st=2&pos=1&query=Cance...

Cancelling an order you've just made

If you've changed your mind about an order, you can cancel it within an hour of your purchase, as long as the seller hasn't posted it yet. Here's how:

1. Go to Purchase history and find the order you want to cancel.
  2. From the More actions drop-down, select Cancel this order.
  3. Select Submit.

We'll send your request to the seller and ask them to confirm that they haven't sent the item yet. We'll then send a confirmation of cancellation to your registered email address, as well as to your Messages.

Cancelling an order that's already in progress

If it's been more than an hour since your purchase, or if the seller has already sent your order by marking it as sent or uploading tracking information, you can't cancel your order by yourself. You'll need to contact the seller and ask them to cancel it for you. Here's how:

1. Go to Purchase history and find the order you want to cancel.
  2. From the More actions dropdown, select Contact seller.
  3. Choose Request to cancel this order, then Contact the seller.
  4. Explain to the seller why you need to cancel, and select Send.

Tip
If you need to cancel your order, you should let the seller know as quickly as possible.

If the seller agrees to cancel the order, they have 10 days to refund you through the same method you used to pay.

You won't be able to cancel a transaction if you've already opened an item not received case or if the seller has opened an unpaid item case. If the seller opened an unpaid item case, you can either pay for the item or state your reason for not making payment. However if you don't make payment, you risk having an unpaid item recorded on your account. Also, if you have excessive cancelled transactions on your accounts, we may limit or end your ability to buy on eBay.

What to do if the seller has already sent your order

If the seller has already sent your order or if they don't accept your cancellation request, you'll need to wait until you receive the item and then start a return.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@purplemon18 wrote:

Also, if you have excessive cancelled transactions on your accounts, we may limit or end your ability to buy on eBay.

Yeah, as if that would ever happen! I truly believe that is an idle threat. EBay would never block a buyer. They are even more untouchable than the Chinese!

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

yeah i was thinking if i ship it out he might try something with paypal or something.
but hey there is still something i can do, how about i wait a while before i cancel the transaction. hold onto his money for a while, waste his time like he wasted mine. lol
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply