buyer requirements unpaid items

So since Turbo lister is no longer i am listing manually, which actually hasn't been as bad as i thought it was, seems the process has been streamlined quite a bit since i last did so. Anyway in my account preferences under 'buyer requirements' it says 'Block buyers who: Have received 4 unpaid item(s) within 1 month(s)', so it must have taken that from the last items i listed with TL.

But that is the exact wording, it does not say 'upaid item strikes' like i think it used to. I never really thought about it before but always assumed it blocked buyers who had 4 unpaid items reported by sellers (4 for eg in my case) even if they paid after that. Or is it actually if they are reported but DO NOT pay? The wording now seems to indicate this but i want to clarify...

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: buyer requirements unpaid items

I set mine to 2 in 6 months, because a couple of strikes from up to 12 months ago, but not any recently JMHO isn't really all that bad, and there could have been perfectly legitimate reasons for not paying. It's the habitual non-payers I want to avoid, and they're much more likely to have recent strikes (my BBL activity log still has pages and pages of blocked buyers attempting purchase, and my percentage of UPIs is very low, so it works well enough for me). 

The tolerance level a seller has for UPIs will obviously vary - me, I couldn't care less if a buyer changes their mind. I accept change of mind returns anyway, so if they're gonna change it after all, it's a lot better for everyone if they change it before paying. I do like to think at the time they hit BIN (or bid on an item, such as the case may be) they had every intention of following through, and had to give it some thought before changing their mind, so the only time I get tetchy (inwardly :D) is when a request to cancel an order comes through right after purchase. 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Thank you DG for educating me once again.
Tetchy = irritable or annoyed.
This is a new word for me.
Never heard that one before.
Possibly illustrates my lack of reading.
LOL.
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

The stronger your blocks the larger the number of potential sales you lose.  While some buyers are just pests others may well be prepared to to pay for your items.  To get an idea of how many buyers are being blocked have a look at you buyer activity log.   If you go to your account - site preferences - buyer requirements - activity log - you will find a List of buyers you blocked in the past 60 days using buyer requirements.  If the list is very long you may want to pull back on the severity of your blocks.  It is a pain opening and closing unpaid cases and it ties up stock, but too strong a blocks may also be costing you sales.  Its a balancing act.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

yes i do think its ok to be human & make a mistake occasionally, which is why i also make some allowances for my buyers to make mistakes too. Theres a big difference between a buyer who makes a mistake & is honest with the seller about it to buyers who just do not give a damn then ignore any contact from the seller. Its not as if a seller cannot get their fees back & they can relist the item, & in my instance we're talking a $7 item that had no other bids on it. They didn't have to wait 4 days, i realized after 1 day & msged them straight away.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

yes i just discovered that feature & will keep an eye on it. I also thought being too harsh loses customers too & some items i've relisted quite a few times i'd rather take my chance on selling than be stuck with them forever.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

thanks for the heads-up about the activity log. i never knew that information was available and it's handy being able to check it out :]

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply