buyer want me to send to different address than ebay and paypal what to do

hi

not sure what to do buyer sent email to my private email not through ebay message

said to send to different address as they forgot to update paypal address

i checked address thats in paypal and ebay they match the address i got

but they say they moved a few weeks ago and want me to send to new address(not paypal or ebay one)

what to do as im not sure we both covered with paypal and why not send message through ebay

please help tara

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

iamanark
Community Member

Ask them to update the address and then you can send the items ... do not send until they do so, as you will not be covered by Paypal ... you could end up losing the item and your money !

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

hi

thankyou i will ask them to i thought that was the thing to do

but was unsure

will send message through ebay only and ask them to do the same and not to my private email

do i need to refund them first so they can change address or can they do this address change without

having to refund and have them repay

thankyou tara

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

you would have to refund them the payment, and then ask them to update their address Before going thru checkout in paypal again.

the address on their transaction cannot be updated once payment has been made, any update would only be for future purchases.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

tara, is it an item that you offer buyer/seller protection with?if it is one of your items with $2.70 postage, they dont have paypal protection anyhow so just post to where they want.

the PayPal address Only rule is for items which are shipped with full protection for you, the Seller.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

hi putney

it is not one of the $2.70- ones

its one of the higher postage costs

do i have to refund them and just wait for them to do the address change and then wait for them to repay

what happens if they not happy with this

tara

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

that's the catch if you refund and they dont repay, you cannot open a non payer on them.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Putney,, is it worth ringing eBay and filling them in on what's happening so that this seller has some kind of recourse etc?

I mean it's a bit unfair if the seller refunds so they can change their address and then they don't go through with the transaction again,, isn't it?

Maybe eBay can do something such as at least enable a strike to be left or a warning about trading with incorrect details in the system if the buyer turns out to be one of the shifty ones iykwim.

Do you get FVF's refunded if you refund the purchase price? I'm guessing so, but thought I might as well ask. Plus there are the PayPal fees too aren't there?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

OP - I don't think I would be overly worried about them having sent you the message through your email rather than eBay as far as them having dishonest intentions. Giving your buyer the benefit of the doubt, I'm guessing they only remembbered about their details afterwards and went to change them in PayPal etc and that's where they got your email addy from - it probably never even occurred to them that they were messaging outside of eBay iykwim.

However, it is best to play it safe, as I think everyone knows that not every eBayer is legit or honest, so cover yourself and do as Putney says I reckon. Don't send anything to an address other than the one directed bby PayPal.

Maybe even ring PayPal? They may be able to instruct you?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

hi

i refunded the money and while i was doing that buyer emailed me to say he changed address with paypal and ebay

will have to wait and see if buyer repays for game i marked as not recieved

do i resend invoice or not

thanks tara

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply