buyer want to cancel there order

A buyer bought a item off me. They now want to cancel the item. I am haoppy to cancel it. But when i go to cancel the item ebay wants me to pay for the item with money i havent yet recieved. This is ridiculous. The buyer wants there money back and ebay want me to refund money that i never got in the first place

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How can the buyer ask for money back if they haven't paid? This makes no sense and sounds a bit suspicious.

Or, are the funds pending, or processed?

Are you on the new Managed Payments?

Not sure exactly what is going on, but when you are able to cancel it, make sure you use the reason "problem with buyers address", otherwise you may incur a defect on your account.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Generally refunds will come out of available funds. If the payment hasn't gone to you yet, that is where the refund will come from. If it's still processing, wait until it becomes available.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Not long after I was first switched over to managed payments, I needed to do a refund but there were no available funds, just processing. I was curious where the money would come from, so I processed the refund, and it was deducted from the processing funds.

The issue with your sale is that eBay will credit all of the fees that were paid except for the 30c transaction fee, so that means the buyer pays $501 (I'm assuming it's the TV), you - for the sake of the argument - receive $500.70 to your account, but will be required to refund $501, still.

Theoretically, what should happen is that the processing funds are returned to the buyer, and 30c is deducted from your linked bank account. For that kind of amount, though, "theoretically" is probably not good enough to risk it, especially as this was last year and I can't guarantee things will work the same way 😅 

That being said, they should show a breakdown of the refund on the screen, which shows the funding sources they're going to use for each amount. Does it say they they would deduct the entire refund from your bank account? 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If the buyer changes their mind - hasn't paid - and requests to cancel - you just use the option "cancel the order" making sure your choose "buyer requested to cancel".    

The option then shows that ebay is waiting  for the buyer to confirm cancellation - and yes it says something about refund but you ignore that because he has not paid - and then the buyer gets your cancellation notice and presses confirm, and it's all over.    

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply