can I upgrade postage after printing postage label?

I just sold a phone and the buyer wants me to send it express post. Can I upgrade postage after label and tracking number have been provided? Thebuyer is hoping to receive before Xmas & Im not sure if the postage label will arrive in time or not.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

go to the postoffice  tommorow and say you need to send express they should be able, to add an express label for you,

But please check and conform that the item will arrive before christmas.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You will not be able to send express as for this service to be guaranteed delivery on a certain date it must go by air and items containing lithium batteries can not be sent in this manner.

They will go via road express, and at this time of year, no I would not guarantee delivery pre 25th.

If the buyer gives you any grief over this, you need to advise them that they should have asked the question prior to purchase, not after, and also to understand the high volume of deliverys nationwide at this time of year.

Who leaves it this late to purchase online for Xmas?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

spuddie, this is off topic, but if buyer that won has 374 feedback I would be tempted to put them on your "blocked buyers list" as they are making a habit of retracting bids (50% at the moment - I imagine they are using retractions to find out the highest bids on items).

It would also pay you to report the invalid retractions to eBay so that they stop doing it................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

You will not be able to send express as for this service to be guaranteed delivery on a certain date it must go by air and items containing lithium batteries can not be sent in this manner.

They will go via road express, and at this time of year, no I would not guarantee delivery pre 25th.

If the buyer gives you any grief over this, you need to advise them that they should have asked the question prior to purchase, not after, and also to understand the high volume of deliverys nationwide at this time of year.

Who leaves it this late to purchase online for Xmas?

Me.. ordered something today...  live 2hrs south of Sydney where the item will be sent from.. still 3 postage days left. There are a few major stores still offering delivery by 25th, depending on what State the customers live in.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I haven't even started my shopping yet. Too many good bargains on Christmas eve. Thankfully I don't have much to buy. Knowing how dead it is here on Christmas eve, I should have it knocked over in about an hour.

As for express post, I had a buyer send me a message yesterday asking about in item that finishes on Christmas eve. They wanted to know if they paid for express whether it would arrive by Christmas. I'm in NSW, they are in WA. Maybe Christmas next year!!

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply