fixed price listings.

Regards!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: can you list clothes as collectibles

@hashtag_designerlabels wrote:

So, would anyone recommend a store selling $20 a piece clothing and paying $1.50 for it or

dont have a store (but I read if you make 12K a year you dont get free listing offers).

Different methods work for different sellers, but if auctions are working better for you, you would probably be better off not having a store at all, since you can get at least 40 free auctions a month that way (often more with promotions), whereas you'll get 0 with a store and the reduced FVF (only 0.4% less for a basic store) won't make the $20p/m + $1.50 listing fee worth paying. Stores are generally most useful for BIN listings, unless your items are (legitimately) in the collectable categories.

Towards the end, I personally had absolutely no success with clothing auctions (I sold clothes for a couple of years but stopped several months ago). Almost nothing would sell at auction, but very often the BINs would sell at higher prices, sometimes while I was running an auction for the item starting at half the price. 

I turnover more than 12k a year and still get almost all the promotional store freebies (there was one recently I didn't get), so I don't think that's a factor. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You can try.

i wouldn't be too upset when your listings get pulled, though.

Define collectible, for starters.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

well, in ebay stores, only collectibles are allowed to use auction

style listings whereas, clothes and such must use buy it now

style listing....

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

regular daily clothes come under fashion.

If it was a leather Bomber Jacket from WW1 or an Australian Football jersey in a big frame behind glass, then that may be classed as collectible

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

With a store you can use any format - auction or buy it now, however outside of collectables you pay $1.50 per auction listing.

Unless it is a genuine collectable clothing item such as stated above, then you risk having your listing removed by ebay. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I tried before.

Listings were not pulled but never sold neither; so I don't recommend it.

I think it's because ebay is using "Gallery Mode" by default, to "help" buyer find what they want; by categorising all dresses according to their specifications.

Just go to ebay homepage and search "dress" then you will see.

Therefore if your clothes are listed in collectibles, they will most likely never show up in gallery mode.

If I'm wrong someone please let me know.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

So, would anyone recommend a store selling $20 a piece clothing and paying $1.50 for it or

dont have a store (but I read if you make 12K a year you dont get free listing offers).

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Yep, vintage designers garments (YSL, Dior, Chanel, etc...) ARE collectibles, now, try to convince eBay...

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@hashtag_designerlabels wrote:

Different methods work for different sellers, but if auctions are working better for you, you would probably be better off not having a store at all, since you can get at least 40 free auctions a month that way (often more with promotions), whereas you'll get 0 with a store and the reduced FVF (only 0.4% less for a basic store) won't make the $20p/m + $1.50 listing fee worth paying. Stores are generally most useful for BIN listings, unless your items are (legitimately) in the collectable categories.

Towards the end, I personally had absolutely no success with clothing auctions (I sold clothes for a couple of years but stopped several months ago). Almost nothing would sell at auction, but very often the BINs would sell at higher prices, sometimes while I was running an auction for the item starting at half the price. 

I turnover more than 12k a year and still get almost all the promotional store freebies (there was one recently I didn't get), so I don't think that's a factor. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thank You to

davewil1964

*crikey*mate*

extra-keen

starfashionaustralia

theinvestorartshop

digital*ghost

for responding!
Message 10 of 11