changing to international postage after the sale

Hi there, I have just sold an item with $8.55 postage and the buyer has a listed Australian address but now they have messaged me to ask me to change to international postage before they pay

I have tried to issue an invoice, but it won't let me amend the postage at all (it will be a higher amount obviously).

Any suggestions please?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Message the seller explaining the eBay invoice system won't allow it.

Tell them to pay using the eBay checkout and change the postal address in checkout before paying and that you will send them a funds request from PayPal for the difference.

Then log into PayPal and do a funds request for the differnece to the PayPal email addy they paid with.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

What country do they want it sent to?

I would be very suss. It sounds like they're trying to get around blocks, don't know what country they live in or are a scammer.

You will lose any seller protection you have if you send to an address other than the one they use at checkout, and if they pay, they can cause you problems getting the postage difference. eBay specifically tell buyers they are not required to pay more than the listed postage.

I would cancel the sale using 'Problem with buyer's address' and relist with the appropriate International postage options. If you feel they are legit.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As it would appear the buyer made no contact or arrangements prior to purchase, I would recommend either cancelling the sale or advising the buyer that item will only be shipped to their Australian, Paypal verified, address.  There have been many on the forums

lamenting the loss of low value clothing, to international buyers, as it is very easy to claim NAD, and seller is left with the choice of

cutting their losses or paying for return post on top of the original postage.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply