charge for seller fee when i havent sold anything

parkerdale
Community Member

I have recently been charged will a "eBay Seller Fees and Reimbursements" fee of $108.90 AUD through my paypal by "eBay Marketplaces GmbH". I have never sold anything on Ebay so I dont understand why I have been charged. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Does not look like a real eBay email address to me

I hope you did not click on any links

Personally I have never seen an ebay/paypal email with a '2' in the address

Have you gone directly to your Paypal account (NOT via any email link) and checked that money really did get taken out ?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

phone the paypal people, sort it out

do not click on anything in the email

look at the PPwebsite for contact info

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I get them all the time lol,first thing I do is I click on sweep in my email which then brings up who sent the email and it's always a very long jiberish email address so I then click on block all future emails from the sender and they go straight into my junk from then on.

Hence I never actually click on the emails so never ever do that.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If you have clicked a link in the email thinking you were logging into your PayPal account then you have probably just given away your PayPal login details to scammers.

Now you need to log into your PayPal account (if you still can) using a direct link your know is correct and change your password quickly.

Once in there you wil very likely see that no money has been taken out like the message was saying. But if they have beat you to it then you may well have lost way more.

If you are unable to login because the scammers have already changed your password then you better get on the phone to PayPal straight away to sort this mess out.

Bottom line is NEVER NEVER click on links in email messages.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply