check your paypal account...........

Not sure if it's just me, but have 2 accounts and both have had money deposited today, yet mysteriously the balance has gone down instead of up!! Smiley Mad  

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What's the difference?

Could it just be the fees being deducted?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

On one account there has been 3 payments deposited from sales in last few hours and for whatever reason balance went down, no rhyme or reason, no payments out or fees due.

Other account just over $24 balance, payment in from sales today $25 and payments (fees & purchase) out total just on $46 however PayPal say overdrawn by $34?

hoping it's a glitch and will all fix itself in the morning.....

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Are you subject to the 21 hold on your funds?

Until they clear to your account you cannot use them to pay for anything or it may overdraw your account.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Yes a wise thing to do.I was charged listing fees on a number of items that were up for automatic listing.After chatting with someone from overseas for about 20 mins.I finally got $30 deducted from my account..it took awhile to get what the problem was across to her.Why can't we have Australians on the Australian site to answer questions instead of someone that may be able to speak English but cant understand it.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal, but no problems with any money being held.  

One account fixed itself overnight, now has the right balance available, however the 'detailed activity' still does not add up (as screen shot below - balance does not add up!) the other account will be a bit more messy as there should have been enough balance to cover two authorised deductions for yesterday, which will now go through the back up source instead of the balance, which still does not add up.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The second payment on your screenshot isn't an echeque is it? The balance has gone down by the $113. The buyer hasn't opened a dispute? Although I'm guessing it's too early for a dispute. Have a look at the $116 transaction on your selling page and see if it's a blue $ sign or an hourglass.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

no all payments are all cleared as by ebay & paypal, no disputes and the correct balance is now available to take out in paypal, yet the activity list is still wrong.  It looks like it was just some type of glitch last evening for a 4 - 5 hour period, just weird it appears to have happened to both of my accounts and nobody else.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

There's been a lot of complaints recently about lack of sales, so maybe no-one else had received any payments! I got one, but I'm assuming it went through. I bought a couple of things and all the funds came from PayPal. I should go and check.

Who knows what glitches PayPal has. I had a dispute opened a few weeks ago (which I won) and instead of just freezing the amount, PayPal froze the whole balance! I discovered that when I went to pay for something and it was going to take the funds from my bank account and spawn my first ever echeque. I ended up using a credit card through guest checkout. It was sorted a couple of days later when I checked again just before I went to ring them.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply