date issues

Anyone else having their money held up because the date on your ID is glitching out their system? This is why my money is being held up. Now I'm getting up there in owed money  but expected to keep sending orders and I'm getting a bit nervous about it. They assure me they " have the money so please send items" and that it'll be resolved within a week, but I've been trying to resolve this for many weeks. It's starting to cause a problem anyone else having same issue, if not then why am I the only one if the way we do our date is the issue? They say when they run my I'd it clashes with American style,date , therefore all Australians sellers must be suffering?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

date issues

How exactly are the dates on your license the issue?

My date on my license are for example 15 JULY 2000 so I don't see how this would be the problem?

As I posted on your other thread I call BS on this excuse from ebay.

Please provide an example of the way the dates are on your license so we can see if it is the issue.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

I doubt this is a common issue - if it was a genuine problem, it should be happening to everyone with a birthdate of the 13th or higher (since they go month / day / year in the US, 12 and under would be acceptable as the month, and up to 31 would be acceptable as the day, with our format, up to 31 would be in the place of the month, and up to 12 would be in the place of the day, so only those born on the 13th-31st of any month would experience this apparent glitch).

So far you are the first and only member who has reported this being used as a reason for a problem, though. And even if it was a problem, I can't see any reason why a manual override or re-format wouldn't solve it. Smiley Frustrated

I can't help with how to resolve, though - one seller I know contacted Adyen directly for assistance in resolving an ID issue, they (Adyen) weren't happy about it but did resolve it. 

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

I'm being told that because when they put it on it glitches their system because they go by American format for dates.....so now it's being investigated....it makes no sense

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

And I don't think it's reasonable they're pushing me to send many hundreds of dollars off with no money coming in 

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

My date on my license is the usual Australian format for Australian licenses, nothing unique.....

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

There should be no issues at all

For example 13/10 converts to 10/13 

31/12 to 12/31 both the days and months coincide when switched around as it has to be switched when converting to the US date.

Surely the system doesn't leave the numbers in place while switching the days and months?

If so then that's just absurd 

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

I've no idea what's really going on and it's very frustrating that the people I'm dealing with I often cannot understand, nor do they try to be understood , just talk fast and all saying the same thing. I wish someone here answered phones, it all feels utterly disconnected. I've decided it might be best to stop selling for now until this is resolved, it's my main income, but I cannot be expected to send do much stuff and have no clear answers....I can see them saying " sorry madam you sent all that stuff but we cannot help you, please accept our apologies "......I'm just baffled at this point , but can't keep sending stuff in the hope,it is rectified, too much anxiety now ..

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

@instylecollectables wrote:

There should be no issues at all

For example 13/10 converts to 10/13 

31/12 to 12/31 both the days and months coincide when switched around as it has to be switched when converting to the US date.

Surely the system doesn't leave the numbers in place while switching the days and months?

If so then that's just absurd 

Traditional format for entering birthdates is always numerical only. In Aus thats dd/mm/yyyy, in the US it's mm/dd/yyyy.

That means if someone born on the 15th April submits their ID, it will list 15/04 as the birthdate in AU format.

In US format, though, that = the 15th month of the year, and since there are no months after 12 (unless you count Smarch and its stupid lousy weather), then getting a birthdate of 15-4 will inevitably give an error.

But if this was a legitimate problem, I should have experienced the same issue, as my b/d is after the 12th. 

@The op - you can talk to someone on the phone; click "learn how you get paid", scroll down to the end, click "have us call you",  else you can try going over eBay's head to Adyen.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

date issues

Who,is adyen? Ive got ebay to ring me multiple times.....today, yesterday, everyday, same result

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply