do we still get free listings other than the usual 200 on here?

i have been waiting for the 10000 free listings for collectables i was getting on top of my usual 200 but have not got them for some time now. is e.bay still giving them out to us ?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@thebobhart wrote:

i have been waiting for the 10000 free listings for collectables i was getting on top of my usual 200 but have not got them for some time now. is e.bay still giving them out to us ?

It's seems not - hasn't been any for Stores since January Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@thebobhart wrote:

i have been waiting for the 10000 free listings for collectibles i was getting on top of my usual 200 but have not got them for some time now. is e.bay still giving them out to us ?

Why! Why! Are people always looking for Free Listings? You get them when eBay makes them available. The last lot fore Stores Was January 2015, Non Stores Was about 2 weeks ago. I love the free listings as much as everyone but if they don't come well "That's Life"

Paddy

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

What's it to you whether others are looking for them?  It's not like someone is forcing you to read the threads about it.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Why Why you ask because we pay fees on everything possible ! So yes i look forward to "free" listings as would most people

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

It's only natural people ask and look for free listings especially with the fees we have to pay. If it bothers you so much you shouldn't res the posts
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
Ebay used to give them away regularly for ages.. it was a regular part of doing business on Ebay. Also, it makes listing free.

Why the heck WOULDNT people look for them??

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

And therein lieth the problem.

Because eBay started giving out store freebies a couple of years ago, or less, people now seem to expect them as a right. 2 years ago a basic store got 40 freebies a month, non-stores got none.

eBay's fault of course - they shouldn't have raised expectations.

If I was running a business I certainly wouldn't rely on maybe getting extra free listings as part of my business model.

Admittedly, I get 200 free per month, have auto-relist available and pay 5c for listings. Nevertheless the principle is valid.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

davewil1964 wrote:.

Because eBay started giving out store freebies a couple of years ago, or less, people now seem to expect them as a right. 2 years ago a basic store got 40 freebies a month, non-stores got none.

I think people have forgotten (or never knew) how few listings

sellers actually had.

There was a time when you had to pay for every extra photo too

I thought eBay was very generous when they updated the store         toothless.gif

packages and gave the non-stores 40 freebies.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

davewil1964 wrote:.

I think people have forgotten (or never knew) how few listings

sellers actually had.

There was a time when you had to pay for every extra photo too

I thought eBay was very generous when they updated the store         toothless.gif

packages and gave the non-stores 40 freebies.

Many people weren't on eBay in the olden days.

Many people don't care what eBay used to do several years ago.

Many people were enticed to become sellers and list through eBays own much more recent marketing efforts about no listing fees for sellers.

Many sellers prefer to list using auctions and not open stores - it works for them as sellers.

Many sellers don't want to open stores and pay $1.50 for auctions.

Many sellers don't want to open multiple IDs to sell on.

simples.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply