downturn in sales March 2018?

I have experienced a sudden 80% on average drop in turnover since the first week in March 2018.

Also noticed a similar drop for many of my competitors.

I sell memerobilia and homewares. 

I feel it is a random blip, but wonder if this has been wider than just my own categories.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I see eBay has become progressively slower over the last 12 months.

Easter was early and perhaps Amazon is beginning to attract customers.

We just had winter Olympics and now the Commonwealth games.

House prices fell, our retail business is down this year.

Overall, I think we are beginning the down we are meant to have.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I'm only a casual seller but I had a week or two of good sales (for me) just before Easter. As soon as the long weekend hit I have had zero sales.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It comes and goes, but March was a pretty good month for us. Sales where very strong over the Easter long weekend resulting in the last couple of days spent mainly packing.

Its slowed quite a bit yesterday & today which is handy, as I have a few other jobs I need to do.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Well thankfully for us, it's picked up again, not as good as it was late last year, but improving nonetheless.

One thing we are experiencing with regular customers is this, 'I really like item yadda yadda yadda, but I'll have to hold off for awhile.' And elsewhere we have a few paying down their purchases by way of lay-by, or otherwise requesting we put an item on hold for them for a week or so.

I think money is a bit short. Superannuation funds haven't been too thrilling either - usually a sign of instability.

The slowing  down we had to have, reminiscent of Paul Keating's 'Recession we had to have.' I'm feeling you may be right.

I think perhaps we already know it, but as usual will be the last to be told, after the high rollers and pollies get themselves tucked away nice and safe!

Melina.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Sales r down...a fair bit but ebay invoice is up a lot..grrr. have to check it n c the fee structure did change a while back but.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply