e bay charging fees on postal charges - if enough people give feedback they may change this practice

Ok so the past two years I have worn the ebay charges on post so if a parcel costs $10 to post to a customer you have to charge the customer another 8% - 10% extra to cover postal commissions ebay charges.

A Customer purchased some fabric from me and the post charged was $46.00 but when I went to pay the post - it was only $27.10 so I wanted to reimburse my customer the different - I went into my account and ebay had charged me $4.42 fees on my $46 postal charge - so in that case the customer has to pay the post of $27 plus the ebay commission of $4.42!!

I rang ebay about this and they inform me they would pass on my feedback of say charging fees on post was an unfair charge - the man on the phone told me if enough people complained about this extra charge they may change it. Wouldn't that be nice!!!

Not only does ebay get a bit of your post but so does Pay Pal - makes post expensive 

So give ebay feedback regarding fees charged on post and hopefully we can have a win

Thanks Lynn

P.S. usually when I overcharge on post I give a refund and wear it - but not this time

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: e bay charging fees on postal charges - if enough people give feedback they may change this prac

@transport-posters wrote:

I don't think it will ever change.  Once it was brought to stop naughty sellers exploiting the system, it will always be here.

It was brought in to increase revenue for ebay.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply