eBay Australia - Calculate and Bill International Shipping; then walk away without a service

Not impressed. Had something to sell which I opened to international sales also. First time as everything else has been domestic. I selected calculate shipping etc for both Domestic and International. 

ebay.PNG

Item sold and buyer paid immediately after eBay calculated around $50 shipping. Once I clicked on label creation I was greeted with the above. Every courier service I can find is more than this...... NOT acceptable business practice eBay ! First and last time I use you for international sales. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay Australia - Calculate and Bill International Shipping; then walk away without a service

eBay prices for International postage are taken from Australia Post. Both are notorious for being optimistic.

Go directly through AP.

You probably needed to select the specific AP International service you would be using. Did you?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Even then, I'd suggest going into the post office with the item to ask how much postage will actually cost.

Twice now I have used the AP website and ebay's international postage options to calculate postage, and both times when I actually went to post the items, they cost SO much more. WHY!? Nobody could explain.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@stewart_brisbane wrote:

Not impressed. Had something to sell which I opened to international sales also. First time as everything else has been domestic. I selected calculate shipping etc for both Domestic and International. 

ebay.PNG

Item sold and buyer paid immediately after eBay calculated around $50 shipping. Once I clicked on label creation I was greeted with the above. Every courier service I can find is more than this...... NOT acceptable business practice eBay ! First and last time I use you for international sales. 

The ebay postage labels are not available for use with international sales.    This is pointed out in their terms and conditions.

Just go into Australia Post and use their option for a postage label, no biggie.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

To add to what has been said already

People here are buyers and sellers, like you

If you want to eBay what you think,by all means do so

They will not see your comment here as eBay staff neither read nor run this forum

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply