eBay PLUS Combined Shipping Refund Confusion

Before eBay PLUS:

I would occasionally have buyers purchase multiple items prior to me being given the chance to combine shipping for them.

I would then contact them to let them know that I could send those items in the same box for a single shipping fee and would organise a shipping refund for them. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

After eBay PLUS:

Earlier this year I was in the process of doing just that when the buyer messaged me back saying that they were an "eBay PLUS" member and got their shipping for free so no refund was necessary. They included a screenshot as proof.

After that I started asking buyers if they were eBay PLUS members or not as I was often refunding shipping to people that had actually paid no shipping.

As a seller is there any way to know who is and isn't a member and how much shipping they are paying?  

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: eBay PLUS Combined Shipping Refund Confusion

On your sales page there is an option to tick ebayplus sales.Near the top left.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

That doesn't answer my question.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Have you tried it?   Maybe that does tell you who is an ebay Plus member?

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

When I tick "show ebay plus only" I get 9 results out of 382 transactions for the last 90 days. So one every 10 days and they send messages to keep your listings up to date to keep the ebay plus rating.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Yes.

Unfortunately it just tells me the benefits of becoming an eBay PLUS member. 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Unfortunately that just tells me which listings qualify for eBay PLUS.

I still don't know how to tell when a buyer is an eBay PLUS customer or not when they make a purchase.   

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Go to orders page Then just below awaiting postage it say show ebay plus only. When you click on it it goes green and reloads ebay plus sales.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

If you don't know who is using ebay Plus don't worry about it.

If they ask for combined shipping discounts then give it to them.

If they don't ask assume they are getting free shipping through Plus.....and ebay is paying!!!

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If you don't know who is using ebay Plus don't worry about it.

If they ask for combined shipping discounts then give it to them.

If they don't ask assume they are getting free shipping through Plus.....and ebay is paying!!!

lol. That's what another friend of mine who sells suggested but I was worried about a newbie complaining after the fact that they had to pay too much shipping and end up leaving me negative feedback.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply