eBay Postage Label Printing Bug - "Error creating label: Changes to the buyers address..."

Last night I encountered the following error message when trying to print an AP label through eBay's online interface:

"Error creating label: Changes to the buyers address are not permitted for services paid by monthly invoice, please restore the original address by refreshing the page or choose a different carrier"

(Rubrication eBay's)

Only thing is I haven't touched the buyer's address (a normal instrastate PO box address) - the only thing I've done is try to add an additional amount of postal insruance which is what I normally do anyway.

I created 8 other post labels yesterday evening without issue, so this is a strange thing to affect just a single label.

Had a chat with eBay CS this morning who couldn't replicate the issue at their end, yet when I tried with two other web browsers on my system (history and cache cleared), I encountered the same error in both.

eBay will excalate it tech support and get back to me blah blah blah - the usual rubbish - but just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else encounters the same issue.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: eBay Postage Label Printing Bug - "Error creating label: Changes to the buyers address...&q

I'm getting the exact same error (25 Nov, 2020), I've made absolutely NO CHANGES to the address, nothing! 

"Error creating label: Changes to the buyers address are not permitted for services paid by monthly invoice, please restore the original address by refreshing the page or choose a different carrier"

I tried clearing cache/cookies, didin't help. 

I updated to the latest version of Firefox (83.0 as of this writing), cleared cache again, didn't help.

This is 100% bug.  Maybe the buyer changed address just after making the purchase, but before I had a chance to print the label (pure speculation).  Something is triggering the bug for sure.

Error Creating Postage Label.png

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply