eBay Store Fees Have Increased And Store Owners Now Get 600 Free Listings Per Month But............

linumac_0
Community Member

Since ebay interduced The New Store Fees I was all for it, So we get 600 Free listings per month for Basic Store. What they do not tell you is that your listings Visibality is reduced by 60% so you have to upgrade your Basic Store to Feature Store to get the Visibality back to a Basic Store. I have over 1000 Items listed in my store and not 1 Sale in Almost 1 month. My Items are Mainly Collectables. What Is going. Before the Store Hike I was selling about 5 to 7 Items per day. Then Completely Nothing..

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay Store Fees Have Increased And Store Owners Now Get 600 Free Listings Per Month But............

Is there anywhere that you read about the 60% visibility drop or are you basing that on your own traffic reports? I can't find anything in the membership packages comparison which talks about visibility being reduced and I'm interested to find out if this is accurate. 

I too have had a major decline in sales - but my traffic / impressions seem to be at the same rate. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I contacted ebay to clarify the position on this and this was the response I got:

RE: Advanced selling tools SR# 1-105590026719

Hello,

I hope you are having a nice day!

The store subscription level doesnโ€™t any influence with the placement in the search results. Since the best match results are based on algorithm, there isnโ€™t any concrete reason why a certain listing ranked higher or can be found at the bottom page. We however highlighted several factors that affect the items placement/ranking in the best match page. First are sellers who are offering premium services, top rated sellers, feedback with high percentage score, items with sales history, best priced items with significant views and impressions. It would be best if you focus in participating site  activities that promotes increased exposure and visibility of your products such as the eBay deals.

Best regards,

Jean Pa

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@linumac_0 wrote:

Since ebay interduced The New Store Fees I was all for it, So we get 600 Free listings per month for Basic Store. What they do not tell you is that your listings Visibality is reduced by 60% so you have to upgrade your Basic Store to Feature Store to get the Visibality back to a Basic Store. I have over 1000 Items listed in my store and not 1 Sale in Almost 1 month. My Items are Mainly Collectables. What Is going. Before the Store Hike I was selling about 5 to 7 Items per day. Then Completely Nothing..

That would be concerning if correct. Please advise what you are basing this statement on.

I must admit one of my stores would be better downgraded from featured to basic under the new system, but I have been reluctant to mess with things, as I had some concerns about how basic stores would rank in searches. I had planned to just sit back and watch for a few months to see if basic stores where impacted by the changes, so your post is interesting.

The store that should be downgraded is still making reasonable sales, so I am reluctant to change things while they are working. There are too many unknowns on ebay.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

My sales have declined even before the new changes. November and December were very good for me. January onwards has been an almost Titanic like disaster.

I am a power seller (got that in January) and that's when the sales slowed right down,

I've been talking to retail staff from the B & M stores and they are all saying sales are right down.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know how long it has been happening (and wonder if it has an impact on sales) but the sellers name no longer appears on search result screens!!! I know you can search for a seller by name but that is not what I mean.

I sometimes do a brand name search just to see how my listings stack up compared to other sellers of the same brand and there is no seller name visibility on the results ๐Ÿ˜ž  

At least here on eBay.com.au you can see if they are located internationally - I.e. from United States - in eBay.com you don't even get to see that!! Unless you use the Classic site.

So WHY are we paying for Stores and the like?  Sellers are anonymous unless you go into an individual listing - and even then all we do with our Stores can't be seen in the 'non classic site' view.

EBay promises all kinds of increased visibility if we free ship/30 day return/Store etc but it doesn't deliver - I feel sure the seller anonymity is detrimental...

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry to inform you that the visibility for featured stores are no better than basic. The only difference between basic and featured is the number of "free" listings. My sales have dropped considerably since September last year. The recent changes has seen it drop even further with more people listing more things. Its all quite depressing!
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I was going to say to check the settings to see if the boxes had been unticked, but noticed all mine were, but the details you mentioned aren't showing.  I haven't searched for anything for a few weeks so hadn't noticed it before.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply