eBay case 8 days time limit is very stupid

In my case, I offered solution and the buyer no replya after 8 days and filed the case and I lost in the case.

I asked ebay, but just can get this response.

I understand that you would like to know if we suggest sellers to wait for the buyer's reply when sorting things out. My name is Evan and you don't have to worry as I'm here to help you. We appreciate your willingness and patience for trying to resolve the buyer's concern. I noticed that the buyer did not reply when you offered him full refund. We suggest both parties to work things out within 8 days from case filing. We believe that this is an ample time for the concern to be resolved. If 8 days have elapsed, buyers have option to escalate the case to us. We have no control if the buyer wants us to intervene. In the future, please resolve the buyer's claim within 8 days. I trust this information is helpful and wish you all the best for your future trading on eBay.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Lesson 1: Don't ever ask eBay to adjudicate.

Lesson 2: Don't ever ask eBay to adjudicate.

Lesson 3: .....

With your experience, surely you should be giving US the benefit of your vast knowledge, rather than asking us mere plebs for answers to something you should know already. Given your sales volume, surely you keep up with eBay policy updates.

Obviously, in this case, your solution wasn't acceptable to the buyer.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Actually, my offer was a refund. I know refund can solve all the things in ebay case, but I just not sure do the buyer has any other requests.

Ebay case is not a way to solve the problem or communcation, it just need the buyer refund or refund returning shipping cost.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Well then, why didn't you refund?

Simple, and it doesn't require the buyer to communicate, given that is pretty much the only option that will satisfy eBay.

All you have done is earn yourself a defect, which with your volume shouldn't matter. Unless you make a habit of leaving disputes unresolved.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The OP is registered in Hong Kong with 98.3% feedback and 50 revised feedback.   'Nuff said!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

But a high volume, which should indicate at least a nodding acquaintance with how eBay works.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply