eBay constanly wants me to log in, but not into .AU

So I open up eBay, I see say 3 messages, I click on the first message, I then get asked to log in, but the clincher is its not in English. Just now it has changed to Spanish, French and German. The only way out of it is to close the browser after each message and open it up only in th hope that I get asked to log in in English.

When I do open up for the first time, the web address is under ebay.com.au too.

Is it a browser issue or eBay? I'm not too crash hot with computer stuff too...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm having the same issue. I'm on the AU site and the message links take me to the DE site

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

its an ebay issue

in the meantime, hover over "my ebay" on the right, and use the drop down "my messages"

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

There are threads about this already (see the one regading eBay fiddling again). I wasn't having the issue, so I fiddled around last night trying to get the foreign login and eventually succeeded. When it gives you the foreign page, change the .de or whatever in the address bar back to .com.au and hit enter. When you then click on continue on the next page, or you go to your messages, it will revert back. Change the address again to .com.au. Once you can get it to English in your messages, it should stay in English to read and reply to messages. You might just need to change the address bar a few times to get there.

During my fiddling last night to trigger it, it was actually clicking on My Messages in the My eBay dropdown at the top that did it, so that may not be a workaround for everyone. It was the only way I could trigger it. I'm back to English this morning with no problems.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Same problem this morning. Went to open the messages and had a quick trip to Great Britain. I just logged out and started again. I haven't had any more problems.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks guys, and gals. Atleast I know it aint me....

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Still having the problem in Spanish & German.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

me to driving me crazy I have to log in for messages ... log in for editing ... log in for listing and now in a foreign language

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

I've been having this problem since around 5th August.  - German, French and who-knows-what login requests.  Still happening today, asking me to login to answer messages.

I have found if you go into your 'Account' Tab and then click on the 'Messages' Tab this problem doesn't happen.

Looking forward to Ebay getting on top of this annoying glitch

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

As usual, ebay is not in any hurry at all to fix this glitch.

I think its been happening now for about 4 or 5 days.

Basically, its just an minor irritation, so typical of this 'rust bucket' web site !!!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply