eBay has wrongfully taken my money from a sale due to COvid 19 post times for OS

The item has tracking and is currently being delivered yet eBAY says tough **bleep**, they get the money back and i get nothing.

What can i do?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

eBay has wrongfully taken my money from a sale due to COvid 19 post times for OS

Do not appeal ebays decision until item shows as delivered,  even then be prepared for ebay to tell you to ask the buyer to pay  again.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

to late i appealed and now they are saying sorry nothing we can do to help, im reproting this to the ACCC and including it in a case with the commonwelath obusmdan 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

You won't get any joy from them either.

eBay has stayed within the rules that you agreed to when you opened the account.

Lets hope your buyer is honest and repays when they receive it.

Come back here when it's delivered and we can help with how to word the message to the buyer to give you the best chance of them repaying.

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

buyer isnt responding, i have lodged a case with the commonwealth ombudsman 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Why come here asking for help if you are not going to to take any notice of what you are being told?

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I am taking notice, what makes you say im not. Im simply repsonding to the comments?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Because you've already done the things, like appealing and going to ACCCs or ombudsmen, that would best be done AFTER you've determined how best to proceed through eBay.

So why ask the question? You've already exhausted your eBay avenues, and that's all we can really advise on.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@caged-dj wrote:

to late i appealed and now they are saying sorry nothing we can do to help, im reproting this to the ACCC and including it in a case with the commonwelath obusmdan 

The false positive FB you left, might not have been a good idea, seeing as you are in a position of relying on the buyers goodwill.  The buyer has only done what they are entitled to do when the product has not arrived.  Not a good time to be selling OS, as it is widely known that you can virtually get items for free if they are overdue, I have been refusing requests for international sales almost daily for the last few months, purely because of the delay factor.

And as you have allready appealed the ebay case, you have pretty much shot yourself in the foot, so to speak.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

yep, ebays staff told me to appeal, then said cause i appealed to early its declined. Thats prt of the reson im going to the ACCC.

i wont be selling OS anymore

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply