eBay is not responsible for it's own technical issue

eBay and PayPal sent me two different addresses for the same buyer this morning and I didn't notice that until I sent the item to one of the addresses. I first contact eBay customer service to see if I was the only one having this issue and it came out to be eBay's own technical issue. So I contacted the buyer at once and found it was the wrong address. I went to the post office where I handed in the item and they told me it has been sent to the destination. Therefore, I contacted customer service again to see if they can help me work this out. However, the staff there seems not willing to help me with this problem and do not want to be responsible for eBay's own mistake. Right now there's no solution comes out. I'm really upset about this one because I paid service fees to both eBay and PayPal and I'm not getting any help when there is a problem caused by them.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Go to the link below :-

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/eBay-amp-PayPal-advising-different-shipping-addresses-for-a...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

ebay never makes mistakes - it is always deflect, blame the seller, make you wear the loss for their error, always

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

They admitted they made the mistake in the morning when I contacted them and their attitude totally changed in the afternoon when I asked them about the solution to this issue. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Whilst most people make sure their shipping details are correct in both places, it has always been the case that the address supplied by Paypal is what you must use as this is the address displayed to the buyer for confirmation at checkout and is what covers you in the event of a dispute.

If the item has tracking, then I have found that sending a private, polite message to Australia Post via their Facebook page has always yielded positive results. Maybe just say that the buyer supplied an incorrect address and that if possible, can it be redirected whilst in transit, or maybe even returned back to you before delivery.

Alternatively, if the buyer confirmed the INCORRECT address at checkout, then it's a different story.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Whilst most people make sure their shipping details are correct in both places, it has always been the case that the address supplied by Paypal is what you must use as this is the address displayed to the buyer for confirmation at checkout and is what covers you in the event of a dispute.

This is the case because eBay have instructed sellers to send to the PayPal address.

But now, as far as someone reading the sale confirmation email from eBay is concerned, eBay are providing a different instruction - send to this address we're giving you right here.

A new seller wouldn't have any reason to question an email from eBay that confirms a sale and instructs them to ship to a particular address.

Your suggestion to reach out to Aus. Post via Facebook is a good one - OP, it's worth giving that a go.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@Tazzie - I agree.

The emails that came from Ebay to me in the past USED TO HAVE the buyers address, but that stopped about a year (or more), which is why I'm surprised that the OP is getting emails from Ebay with the buyers address on them.

In the past I had definitely picked up differences between the Ebay emails and the printed packing slip which I use, but since the emails now just congratulate me on the sale and don't have an address on them, I always just go by the packing slip.

OP - my recommendation is to always print a packing slip and use that address in the future.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Since my previous post, I've had a couple more orders and now I've actually noticed that it IS displaying a shipping address on the Ebay confirmation. After a little digging, I went back and found that the changeover happened for me on the 8th of July. Up to that point, none of the emails from Ebay contained the buyers alleged shipping address, but from that date forward they did. 

As mentioned though, I will always go by the PP address and it does seem pretty silly for Ebay to have gone "backwards" in terms of sending the buyers address as listed with Ebay, which may not necessarily be the shipping address listed in Paypal and which will definitely be confusing for sellers.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Since my previous post, I've had a couple more orders and now I've actually noticed that it IS displaying a shipping address on the Ebay confirmation. After a little digging, I went back and found that the changeover happened for me on the 8th of July. Up to that point, none of the emails from Ebay contained the buyers alleged shipping address, but from that date forward they did. 

As mentioned though, I will always go by the PP address and it does seem pretty silly for Ebay to have gone "backwards" in terms of sending the buyers address as listed with Ebay, which may not necessarily be the shipping address listed in Paypal and which will definitely be confusing for sellers.

It's not going to be confusing shortly, because the new ebay email format is, obviously, the one which will be used under MP, and there won't be any paypal email.

It won't be confusing, just chaotic, when ebay instructs sellers, en masse, to send lots to incorrect addresses.

However, ebay still has a few days to sort this out and will, no doubt, do so.

If it doesn't, I bet sellers are the ones who'll bear the cost when all those lots disappear into the void.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If you download the sales file, the buyer address is the 'shipping' address, not the other one. Does this help?
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply