eBay listing removed because unauthorised use of buyer or bidder account

n-6735
Community Member

This is my first time selling, and a buyer sent me a best offer of the exact price of my item, and later on, he asked for an invoice with a message “*hello I’m interested to buy your items on eBay msg me on my digit via WhatsApp *phone number* Or my Email(email) looking forward to hear from you thank you* Cheers” I never heard from him again after I sent the invoice and never paid for the item. 

Just yesterday, my listing was removed because of this:

”We had to cancel bids and purchases on the following item(s) for the buyer, kathlavende-5, because they were made without the account owner's permission: (my item)

Please note that we're working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity.

All associated fees have been credited to your account. In these situations, we'll credit the final value fee for removed listings won by this buyer, and also the insertion fee if it was a single-quantity listing.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

We’ve also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the “Sold” section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/relist.html”

So it seems that the buyer was a scammer or he was hacked. However, my listing has been removed because of this and now I have to rewrite my listing again! And eBay says it will be “easy” to relist it if it was removed and the link I was given from eBay does not help me. The removed item is still in “waiting for payment” and it’s stuck there, I can’t do anything to relist it.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it's just one listing, and you are able to access the listing, just do a cut and paste into a new listing. If you can't access the old listing, and it's only one listing, just redo it. It shouldn't take that long. If you had lost 1,000 listings, I'd say ok, but if it's only one or 2, just relist them as new listings.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Cancel the sale with the reason 'buyer didn't pay'. You should then be able to relist it, although the option to automatically relist should be pre-selected.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I couldn't cancel the sale, but I saw there was a relist button, clicked it but it didn't work. "This item cannot be accessed because the listing has been deleted or you are not the seller." This is a pain, I have to rewrite the entire listing again! 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Was there a "sell similar" button?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Yes there was, same error sadly "This item cannot be accessed because the listing has been deleted or you are not the seller."

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

is it in your deleted folder?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Where is the deleted folder? I can't seem to find it 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If it's just one listing, and you are able to access the listing, just do a cut and paste into a new listing. If you can't access the old listing, and it's only one listing, just redo it. It shouldn't take that long. If you had lost 1,000 listings, I'd say ok, but if it's only one or 2, just relist them as new listings.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply