eBay managed payments - Now cannot cancel order

Hi is anyone else finding it hard to cancel a customers order due to the new eBay managed payments system ?

We've had an international buyer purchase something however due to their location and due to our previous experiences being burnt (multiple, multiple times) with international postage during the Coronavirus pandemic (lost parcels, 3-4 month delays, which of course we never win in the resolution center). We'd like to cancel the order to protect both of us however cancelling the order is now not possible and redirects to an 'eBay error page' whenever we try,

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay managed payments - Now cannot cancel order

friday glitch?   other people have been succesfful in cancelling using the "address I don't post to" option

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes I am having the same problem

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Probably a glitch, but save yourself the future hassle and turn off international shipping until things get better.

Could you log in via a different browser and see if you can proceed to cancel that way?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Why don't you just exclude the locations you don't Post to in your listing. I don't understand why you allow people to buy when they are in locations you don't want to send to. I guess the buyer would be very annoyed and justifiably so.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Havent been able to for 3 weeks, ebay no help, now today cannot get any response on chat, nobody there?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Me again, finally got onto someone useful on chat, I use Chrome, she suggested another browser, the only one I had was Microsoft Edge and it worked

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Same issue here. When going to 'cancel an order' on ebay.com.au it redirects to an error screen. Has been happening since managed payments started.

The only work around I have found is using the 'refund'. However this means eBay pockets the 30c transaction fee ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply