eBay postage estimates

Does anyone know how I contact eBay without getting the run-around of FAQ's please - downeyas

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay postage estimates

eBay postage estimates are only a guideline and often don't include holidays, strikes etc.

They can be way off if AP delays occur.

eBay - http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Go through Help and Contact at the bottom of any page.

Just keep clicking on any topic until it give you the option to ring ebay or have them ring you back, which is supposed to be a better option as you get a more knowledgable CS person.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Doesn't work anymore ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Just put the link that Kopes put up as a bookmark,(I have it as a Macro so I can post it on the boards and

it's also In a couple of my guides).

Just keep in mind that Call us or Call me option are only available during business hours,(8 am to 9 pm Mon

to Fri and 8 am to 5 pm on Sat and Sun).

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

In all fairness to ebay if you are talking about the delivery time estimates ebay base them pretty much on the AP advice. What many of us have done is increase our handling charge to 3 or even 5 days so the estimated arrival looks a lot later to the buyer and they are happy when their parcel arrives earlier than they thought it would.

Contacting ebay about it will do as much good as you know whatting against the wind.

If you are talking about calculated post then I have never found ebay to be wrong, when postage has gone over or under it has been because my measurements and the PO's differ.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Spot on kopes,I've just had an estimated delivery changed before my eyes from thurs 11/5 to now mon 15/5 lol.

I had already planned to be home for the delivery on thurs. Woman Sad

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Well at least it changed for you, some just turn up 4-5 days after estimated delivery. Smiley Frustrated

For this very reason I don't tick the box asking if it arrived on time if it's beyond.

Sellers shouldn't be dinged for it. And I hope others also realize, it's beyond a seller's control.

image host
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Agree 100% sellers shouldn't be penalized for it but you do get the occasional buyer just itching for it lol.

I had plenty itching for it when I was selling and we all know what happened there Woman Frustrated

I've had some items turn up later than expected but I've always ticked that they did arrive on time anyway so it doesn't punish the seller,

because I am here to purchase something I want from a seller and I'm not here to punish them for things they can not control. Woman Happy

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply