eBay putting "make an offer" on listings

I just got a message about one of my listings, and when I went to reply, there was a box at the top right that said "new feature" you can make an offer directly to the seller. I do not have "make an offer" on this listing, so this may account for the other unsolicited offers I have received. This makes me angry that once again eBay is mucking with our listings, even though the listings state that the seller is responsible for their listings. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Just go into the listings and untick the make offer box.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I don't have "make an offer" selected, so I cannot deselect it; nor does "make an offer" appear on this listing, the box with make the message saying "new feature, You can make an offer directly to the seller" only appeared on the top of the page where you reply to a message.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Just go into the listings and untick the make offer box.

It's not in the listing. It appears in the private message that buyers send enquiring about an item. If you choose to reply to a private message, there is sometimes the option to send an offer to the buyer.

Even though this thread isn't about eBay forcing best offer onto listings without your knowledge, I will discuss that anyway because I know it still happens. As a lot know, eBay will just put it there. They even kindly set it up so it auto accepts an offer at 50% of the original price. You can remove the best offer, but they will usually put it back. The only way I could have any control was to have best offer on that particular listing. If I had a price of say $50, I would set it to auto accept at $49.99 and auto reject at $49.95. It stopped them messing with that listing.

As for it appearing in PMs, I really wish eBay would let us run our business as we see fit. Stay the hell out. Take your fees and let us do the rest.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply