eBay removed an item as counterfeit even though I have evidence it is authentic

Sorry but what the hell is wrong with ebay. I was selling a watch I bought from Myer (Daniel Wellington Canterbury) and it had original tags attached and was purchased from authorised seller of Daniel Wellington products

I get this email saying it was removed for counterfeit product yet there was no consultation with myself to see if it was authentic and I would have been able to prove it was authentic.

The most alarming part of the email "To make this decision we consider the details you provided about your item, reports we receive from brands or members of the community"

So in essence I can make a claim against anyone else's product and it will be taken down without consultation of the seller. What a joke

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I had a fake Rolex advertised on FB marketplace, well..tried to, and clearly described it as a fake, dirt cheap, but their bots wouldn't have it lol

Gumtree allowed it though.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thats a very common approach with counterfeiters, purchase one item officially, then sell of 100's of dodgy one's, and if anyone asks they have an official receipt for a clean one.

Not saying that is the case here,  but under the Vero program rights owners can report items,  simple

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply