eBay's Feedback Removal policy?

After having a recent PayPal dispute/case ruled in my favour, I've been trying to have the buyer’s negative feedback (dots) removed and my rating % restored.

Four emails to - and four replies from - eBay later, they all say they can not – will not – restore my feedback ratings, stating that, “we only remove Feedback in a few, very limited cases.”
And, “You can try to resolve the issue to the buyer's satisfaction and then ask them to revise the Feedback.”

So, does that mean the buyer’s satisfaction entails me to “issue refund” in PayPal?
And is that what one has to do to restore one’s rating?
I highly doubt the buyer will be satisfied otherwise, after initially calling me, threatening to leave negative feedback immediately, and hanging up on me, in the first place.

And especially now, after she lost the dispute.

EBay's CS final words were, "you can add a reply to the Feedback you received. A businesslike reply can help you tell your side of the story".

So, before I move on from this, I’m keen to check with everyone if this is what can be expected from eBay – and, not to waste any more time pursuing this?

Advice much appreciated. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try ringing them back and refer them to the following link that outlines eBays policy. 

If the initial customer service rep won't remove it - request to speak to a supervisor.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defect-removal.html

Can a defect be removed? We automatically remove defects from a seller's performance evaluation, and the Feedback related to the defect

eBays policy also states:

We automatically remove the defects caused by the reasons listed here. Sellers may request the removal of these types of defects if they are not automatically removed.

• An eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Buyer Protection case is ruled in the seller's favour.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Try ringing them back and refer them to the following link that outlines eBays policy. 

If the initial customer service rep won't remove it - request to speak to a supervisor.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/defect-removal.html

Can a defect be removed? We automatically remove defects from a seller's performance evaluation, and the Feedback related to the defect

eBays policy also states:

We automatically remove the defects caused by the reasons listed here. Sellers may request the removal of these types of defects if they are not automatically removed.

• An eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Buyer Protection case is ruled in the seller's favour.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@teabrush wrote:

After having a recent PayPal dispute/case ruled in my favour, I've been trying to have the buyer’s negative feedback (dots) removed and my rating % restored.

So, before I move on from this, I’m keen to check with everyone if this is what can be expected from eBay – and, not to waste any more time pursuing this?

Advice much appreciated. Thanks Smiley Happy

If you have got the time to 'waste' (and it may not really be a waste), then yes, be persistent. As suggested below, include the link to their own policy in your reply which states that feedback can be removed in your situation i.e. winning the Paypal dispute.

You might want to check out the thread I started recently regarding my situation (positive feedback but low DSRs), where sheer persistence paid off.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Finally resolved! Many thanks to you - thecatspjs, for your great advice 🙂
Persistence pays off.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply